Browse Article by Topicscalculate calculation math form calculation form calculation widget
- How to Perform Form Calculation Using a Widget
- Form Calculation - Math Function Reference
- Conditional Logic Inserts Text/Calculation Into A Field
- How to Pass a Form's Calculated Value to another Form's Payment Total Field?
- How to Pass a Calculation to a Payment Field
- How to Assign Calculation Value
- How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?
- How to Have Unique Question Using Multiple Fields
- How to Manipulate Text (String) with Conditions and Calculation
Related Forum Questions
- Form Calculations aren't working
- Complex calculation using calculate field or what do you suggest?
- Error in calculation form
- My form calculation is no longer working after deleting my last Inventory widget
- how to calculate age using condition
- Conditions: It is dublicated automatically when we update a condition
- How to increase value of field with calculate conditions and Multiple Selection widget selections
- RE: Form Calculation
- Calculations between page breaks -- breaks the calculation.
- data dissappears from 2 fields when I press 'submit' and I can't figure out why?
How to Perform Form Calculation Using a WidgetLast Update: December 11, 2016
Wondering how you can calculate a total based on the option selected by the user from your form? Calculation is now possible with Jotform. There are two ways on this, you can use Conditional Logic or you can use the Form Calculation widget. In this guide, we will discuss how we can use the widget to perform a calculation.
Below are the steps to help you better:
1. Search for the Form Calculation Widget under the "More Fields" section. To open the wizard, just click the wand icon.
2. Now as an example, I want to calculate the price of the product selected on a radio button multiplied to a quantity field. Here's how it looks like:
Note: If you want to assign a calculation value on a radio button, drop down or check box field, then you need to check this guide: How to Assign Calculation Value
3. Now back to the form calculation widget wizard, you can see this window or display:
To fetch a field you want to add in your formula or calculation, just click the "Add Field" button.
4. A list of field names will appear, just click on the field you want to include to your calculation.
5. The mathematical operators are presented so you must click on each to add a formula between fields. You can also use your keyboard keys for + addition, - subtraction, / division and * multiplication. Below is a quick overview of the final setup.
You can also see other advance options like "Show empty decimal places", "Ignore Hidden fields" and other options by clicking on the more button:
Once there go to the options tab to get the widget options mentioned above:
If you want to perform advance mathematical operations, you can check this as a reference: Form Calculation - Math Function Reference
6. You must click "Save" button to save the calculations and save button from the form builder to save the entire form changes.
Here's an example form based on our steps above: https://form.jotform.com/63404144341950
The Form Calculation widget is not limited to the example I presented, it would depend on the requirement you need or how complex your formula is.
Questions? Please let us know below!