Wondering how you can calculate a total based on the option selected by the user from your form? Calculations are now possible with JotForm. There are two ways to do this – you can use Conditional Logic or you can use the Form Calculation Widget. In this guide, we will discuss how to use the widget to perform a calculation.
- Click on Add Form Element.
- Go to the Widgets tab, search for Form Calculation and add it to your form.
- Now as an example, we will calculate the price of the Product selected on a radio button multiplied by the Quantity on a number field.
Note: If you want to assign a Calculation Value on a radio button, drop-down, or checkbox field, then you need to check this guide: How to Assign Calculation Value
- Click the Form Calculation widget to highlight it then click the wand icon.
- On the widget wizard, click the Add Field button to add the fields that will be a part of your formula.
- Finally, once you’re done with the formula, click the Save button.
If you want to perform advanced mathematical operations, you can check this guide as a reference: Form Calculation Math Function Reference
Here’s an example form based on our steps above.
The Form Calculation widget is not limited to the example above – it would depend on the requirement you need or how complex your formula is.
Questions? Please let us know below!