Aside from Conditional Logic, you can also use the Form Calculation widget to perform calculations in Jotform.
Here’s how to set up a Form Calculation widget:
- In Form Builder, click on Add Form Element in the upper-left corner.
- In the left pane, choose Widgets at the top.
- Search and select Form Calculation.
- Click on the widget’s wand icon to open Widget Settings.
- In the right pane, use the Add Field button and virtual numeric keypad to build your formula.
- Once you’re done, click on Save in the lower-right corner.
Did you know?
You can use radio buttons, dropdowns, and checkboxes in calculations. To learn more, see Assigning Calculation Values.
- You can click on items in the formula to switch their value types to numeric or string — indicated by the trailing [0-9] and [A-Z] respectively.
- Click on the ellipsis button in Widget Settings to view available math functions and more options. Here are the available options:
- Add fields to the equation as text or string by default.
- Set the result field to read-only.
- Show empty decimal places.
- Ignore hidden fields.
- Use commas for the decimal point.
- Set the number of decimal places in numerical results.
Is there really no simple sum function? I'm going to be including an input table in my form with the option to fill in up to 60 lines and would like to have the total from one column automatically calculated. Do I really have to insert those 60 fields and then individually add a + between each one?
I found your platform when I was searching for tips on creating a form in Excel because it was being advertised as an alternative. But this is a pretty big limitation. If not for the need to put info in a table and have one of the columns automatically calculated, I would just make my form in Adobe or Google forms...
¿Se puede configurar en español?
hola, se pueden utilizar operadores lógicos?
Is there a way to add a coupon code if you are using when using forms calculation?
Thanks so much
Can you perform a calculation using a percentage instead of decimal?
Do I need to have a multiplier?
Mine is a list of foods with a price next to each - customer can pick one or many options of each line, but not multiple of the same line.
Calculator currently stays at zero - is this because there is no multiplier?
I wanted to know how I could calculate the amount that is listed in a Configurable List using the Form Calculation Widget...or any advice will help
I am also trying with decimal numbers but it doesn't work, it calculates values at random. Should I use a comma or a period? Using the comma they are forced to use the formula / 100 but in any case the result is often wrong.
I'm calculating two values for example A) Value 9 * B) Value 7 = result 63 . But I want to assign a minimum value to the result, for example, when my min value is 70 and my calculation result is 63, I want it to be displayed as 70 in the form. If the value is above 70, I want to see the actual calculation result.
I am trying to calculate the average of 6 numbers. The youtube videos don't quite give me enough instruction to make the calculations work. So if I add 6 number forms and a total form then I can add them okay but the averaging function or manual syntax for division doesn't work.
Hi there? I want to calculate time in time card form. I want to total hours on start-time end-time and minus break hours . please suggest how can do it using jotform widgets.
here is form layout link
I want result in total hour column in same table.
Hi, I would like to know how to use a caculator not in the field but only one space. For exemple, I have a cleaning company and the client will add that had 3 services, que will add his own price and then i would like to know the total price only.
How did you make the field read-only? I have one on my form but the users can edit the value in the box...
Como hacer que en la pasarela de pagos, quiero que ponga el resultado del widget de la calculadora?
Multiply two Values (120000 x 100) and I would like to have output like 12.000.000 ? (2 digit comma or point separation)
I need help with a basic formula. (a+b)*c=X