SFC CorporateAsked on November 26, 2021 at 9:44 PM
I would like to use this function of being able to take the answer from one form and input it as the answer in another field. My use-case would be a grant screening form (form 1) where if they are approved in the jotform approval process, they are sent an email with a link to the pre-populated application form (form 2). Is this possible? My worry is that they would not be going directly from one form to the next. It may be days before they get the approval notification. Would the link still work?
Carrissa JotForm SupportReplied on November 26, 2021 at 10:10 PM
Hello SFC Corporate,
Thanks for reaching out to Jotform support. I understand you need clarification with this one.
To clarify, you would like to have a person fill up one part of the form. Then, pass it to another person to fill out another part of the form. If I am correct with my understanding, Approval workflow is applicable to this. Set up with the correct conditional logic, it is possible. You can check the articles listed to get an idea with the approval workflow:
- How Do You Create an Approval Workflow?
- How Do You Add and Connect Elements to Each Other?
- How Do You Set up an Approval Element?
- How Do You Create Multistep Approvals?
- How Do You Create Parallel Approvals?
- How Do You Set up a Send Email Element?
- How Do You Set up an IF-Else Condition Element?
- How Do You Set up a Conditional Branch Element?
- How Do You Set up a Merge Branches Element?
- What Are Errors and Warnings?
- How Do You Edit Your Approval Workflow?
- How Do You Disable an Approval Workflow?
- How Do You Share or Publish Your Approval Workflow?
- How Do You Track the Approval Process?
- How to Track the Approval Process via Jotform Tables?
- How Do Approvers Complete Their Tasks?
Hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can help you.