pduesAsked on October 4, 2022 at 4:26 PM
I am trying to build an approval workflow that will send an email to 6 recipients. I seem to be unable to do this. I am also unable to have multiple approval results. (if someone taps on approve, there is only one place you can go from there.) Is there something I am missing or is there a workaround? Do you support group emails?
Jovanne JotForm SupportReplied on October 4, 2022 at 8:37 PM
Thanks for reaching out to Jotform Support. Yes, you can set up an email distribution group and have the approvals going to that distribution group. Can you also please explain a bit more about what you mean by multiple approval results? Please note that when the approvers click on the approve button, they will be redirected to Jotform Inbox.
Once we hear back from you, we'll be able to help you with this.
Gabriela JotForm SupportReplied on April 25, 2023 at 4:36 AM
1. In Approvals, click on the Approval element.
2. Click on the Gear icon on the right side of the element.
3. In the menu that opens on the right side of your screen, you'll see the General settings.
4. In the box below Approvers, enter the email addresses or team names.
5. In the Drop-down menu below Completion Rule, select one of the following:
- Require response from majority: Approver responses are collected until the majority of responses received. If there is a tie, the first response with the majority is used.
- Require response from all: When all of the approvers have responded, the workflow will proceed using the outcome with the majority of responses. In the case of a tie, the majority outcome with the first response is used.
- Require a certain number of responses: Approver responses are collected until the required number of responses is received. If there is a tie, the first response with the majority is used.
- Require response from one person: The workflow will proceed using the outcome from the first response.
Keep in mind that it’s also possible to add teams in the Approvers so you don’t need to add the email address for each team member.
Let us know if you have any questions or need any other help.