Browse Article by Topicscontact form contact contact us contact forms
- Add forms to your Magento website
- How to set up a contact form in JotForm
- How to Integrate Form with Constant Contact
- How to Integrate Form with iContact
Related Forum Questions
- form is not sending one of these emails
- May I know why I reached the views limit so quickly?
- Trouble with notification emails
- Unable to use a template
- Widgets: Terms & Conditions doesn't load on embedded form
- email not delivering
- I created a contact form on jotform.com. How do I confirm the email address the contact form is going to?
- Where does the filled out info go?
- Not receiving email notifications
- My form doesn't send emails
How to set up a contact form in JotFormLast Update: May 24, 2016
Contact forms are one of the most commonly used form types. They are usually one of the fastest way for the readers to get in touch whenever they need assistance, have feedback, reports or ideas to share. Creating a contact form manually is labor intensive, hard, and can be frustrating. If you want to create great and modern looking contact form in minutes, Jotform’s Form Builder is the best tool for the job.
Jotform is the easiest wysiwyg form builder. Simply drag & drop the form fields to where you need them, save your form and you’re done! That’s it, you don’t need to write even a single line of code.
To set up a contact form in Jotform:
1. Navigate to www.jotform.com
2. Login and create a form by clicking the “Create Form” button.
a. If you want to create a form from scratch, select Blank Form
b. If you want to select from over 8,000 ready made forms, click Use Template
c. You can also import any unrestricted public JotForm with the Import Form option.
Let’s create a form from scratch so we can look at all the Jotform features.
3. While you are in the form builder, drag fields from the left panel to the form panel.
Here’s an example of the most common fields used in a contact form.
4. When finished, save your form and you are done!
If you want your contact form friendlier and more professional, here are a few best practices you might want to consider.
A. Make your Form Specific. Contact us is a broad term. It could mean anything. You have to be more specific with your form about what to contact or what the contact form is all about. How? Add a sub heading.
Example: Which one looks better?
B. Add Helper Information. Filling out a form can be tricky. Using Sub Labels, Hint Examples or Hover Text will help eliminate mistakes. Add extra information as much as possible or necessary.
C. Avoid Using Captchas. We know captchas serve a purpose but sometimes it can be frustrating and lead to decrease conversion rates. With Jotform, you don’t have to use captcha unless you continually receive fake submissions. Jotform has a built in spam prevention systems.
D. Keep it Simple. As the saying goes, simplicity is beauty. Don’t confuse your users by adding unrelated information or ads to your contact form.
That’s it! Now tell us which methods you like to use in your contact forms in the comments section below!