- mgottfriedAsked on December 09, 2010 at 12:53 PM
I've completed the authorize.net wizard on my jotform form but when trying to accept a donation the cards are not processed and I am given an error every time.
I have tried changing settings within my authorize.net account but to no avail. What could be causing this error and is there a way to find out any more details of what the error is?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 10, 2010 at 10:18 AM
You are getting this error: (2 205)
This transaction has been declined.
This error code applies only to merchants on FDC Omaha. The value submitted in the merchant number field is invalid.
It looks like the merchant ID you entered is incorrect or not active.
- mgottfriedAnswered on December 14, 2010 at 04:38 PM
Thank you for the help with clarifying that error. I got back in touch with our merchant processor and it appears that they are using an Authorize.net emulator with the gateway.
They said all we need to do is is change the transaction POST URL - (AIM Method)
Once you have updated the URL to point to us, your system will submit
transactions directly without having to make any changes to your web
application's code base.
Is there a way we can change the POST URL or is that something that needs to be done on the JotForm end?
Thanks for your help
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on December 16, 2010 at 02:03 AM
Unfortunately no, it is not possible use an Authorize.net emulator at this time. I added this to our feature suggestions and we will get back to you when/if this is implemented.
If this is an important issue and if you have a budget for it, it might be possible for us to implement this addition quickly for you for an additional charge. Please email us privately using the Contact link at the bottom if you would like get a quote for this.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on September 13, 2014 at 12:50 AM
Authorize.Net emulation is now possible.
1. Select your form's payment field
2. Right-click on it, then click Show Properties
3. Select from one of the available merchant gateways
4. Save your form
Do let us know if you encounter any problems.