- realtomsamsherAsked on December 01, 2016 at 06:33 AM
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 07:03 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
I inspected your form with Form ID: 62734449897171. Your calculation contains checkbox fields. When I deleted all checkbox fields from the formula, I was able to see a calculation in the Calculation field.
Since you have not defined any calculation values for any checkboxes, the Form Calculation widget which contains checkbox fields the formula, can not function.
Please apply the steps below for each of your checkboxes.
1. Click on Edit Properties.
2. Go to Surveying Segment and enter the value you request to the field shown in the screenshot, for making calculations.
I hope this works. If your problem still persists, please let us know.
- realtomsamsherAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 09:48 PM
ok understood for the one u showed me but what about the ones earlier in my forums?
where u type the number u want 1-5
then i want it to take that number and multiply it by the cost and add it to the total?
the last part i get this is where i need assistance?
- realtomsamsherAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 12:01 AM
i went back and added the value like u showed me but still my calculator is blank at the end?
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 02:02 AM
Thank you for your response.
Please give me some time to inspect the problem. Will be back with the answer.
- JotForm SupportemilyAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 02:45 AM
I detected the problem why the fields cannot be calculated.
You have added one checkbox for each answer to your questions. Because you defined a checkbox to each answers, when you select only one, the other checkboxes do not return any value to your formula. That is why the calculation field becomes empty.
Instead, you should only use one checkbox for each of your questions. I made an example demonstration with one number field and two checkboxes for two questions. Please have a look at the screenshots below.
1. I created a checkbox field for each question. You add new options to checkboxes.
2. Click on Settings button of each checkbox and choose to Edit Properties.
3. Enter the calculation values that will be used for the Form Calculation widget. If you choose 2nd option, in the calculation, the field will return 480.
4. What Type of Protection and Misc. Enchants fields will return the value of the selected checkbox.
5. Here is the outline of the form I created.
You can see the result in the below screenshot.
Please apply this example to your form and try again. You can clone the example form into your account and test it on your side.
URL of the form I created: https://form.jotform.com/63360771730959
Here is the user guide that will help you to clone a form from a URL.
I hope this helps.
Please check again and let us know if you have further questions.