- CharlieAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 10:57 AM
May I know which of your forms are affected? Upon checking your account username cindy.rose, I see that you only have two forms, "Apartment Complex Form" and the "calendar". I don't see Square payment integrations on those form.
It would also help us a lot if you can provide us more details of the problem, I'm not sure what you meant by "uncategorized".
Perhaps you are referring to a form that is shared to you by NikiLitts?
We'll wait for your response.
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 11:03 AM
Hi! Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I'm referring to a form that is shared to me by NikiLitts: https://form.jotform.com/63183968588173
You'll see we have a Square set up to accept payment, and the item set up is the "Arts Festival Vendor." The Square payment goes through, but the charge that shows up on our Square account is listed not as "Arts Festival Vendor," but as "uncategorized."
Hope this helps explain, and please let me know if I can provide more details. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 12:19 PM
As mentioned in the original post, unfortunately, the reports are not being displayed for test accounts. Could you provide us with the screenshot of the issue so that we can take a look and provide you with necessary assistance?
We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 03:58 PM
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on December 01, 2016 at 08:46 PM
Thank you for providing us with the screenshot. Since you are looking at the Category sales and the products are configured outside the Square payment gateway, it may be listed as Uncategorized. Could you check and let us know if the product is displaying correctly in the Item sales or any other reports?
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 09:26 AM
It's not; see attached screenshots.
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 09:28 AM
As you'll see, in one place, it's identified by the customer's name with the email, and in another report, it's listed as "custom amount."
Thank you for your help.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 09:58 AM
As mentioned, since the product is configured out of the Square payment gateway we can confirm that it is not listing in any category. Could you let us know the report type that you have provided us with the Excel report screenshot so that we can forward the issue to our backend team to see if a category can be added?
Also, populating the products from the Square payment to JotForm payment field is in our wishlist. This feature might help in generating the reports with the category, etc. However, unfortunately, we cannot provide any ETA to implement this feature.
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Thanks! I agree that populating the products from the Square payment to JotForm payment field would be ideal and would solve the issue. In the meantime, being able to specify a category would be great, too. Here's a screen shot of the page where we export the Excel report. (Sales, export button.)
- CharlieAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 12:02 PM
I am not sure how a category can be directly attached to a product item that is setup in JotForm, but I will forward this to our developers as a feature request. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that this will be implemented as it depends on the current workload and the actual feasibility. But we will update you as soon as we hear any news. Thank you.
- cindy.roseAnswered on December 02, 2016 at 01:26 PM
Thanks for looking into it!
- afriedgesAnswered on December 20, 2016 at 06:40 PM
We would also like to begin using Square with our JotForms. However, we cannot track what events or classes have been paid for as the payments show up as uncategorized in Square. Please let us know when JotForms finds a way to fix this. Thank you!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 12:08 AM
Thank you for your vote. We have already sent a feature request to our backend team. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from them.
- rometennisacademyAnswered on January 25, 2017 at 02:11 PM
This problem is hurting our use of jotform because we need to have our items categorized. Is there any timeline as to when this might be solved?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 25, 2017 at 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, this feature was given a rather low priority and is not likely to be implemented in the foreseeable future. If there is any progress, we will update this thread with the news.
- GSNYPENNAnswered on March 22, 2017 at 03:13 PM
THIS IS AWFUL!!!
What's the point of using an integration that lets you set up products for purchase -- but doesn't allow you to capture that information along with the purchase price??!
I specifically championed JotForm and Square because it appeared to give us that option. I spoke with Square and they assured me that I would have all the detail I needed using the integration. Now that I'm using this -- and see the resulting reports, I am unable to use JotForm!! Unacceptable.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 22, 2017 at 04:33 PM
I understand your concern. Please note a feature request is already forwarded to our backend team. We cannot assure you that a feature will be implemented as it completely depends upon the feasibility and priority of our backend team. It also depends upon how many users are asking for this feature. Though we cannot provide an ETA on this but we will get back to you as soon as we have any update on this.
- rugbynitAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 12:40 AM+1 for the feature request to be able to give products in Jotform a category type that integrates with Square. My Square reports are skewed because of the item purchases using Jotform with Square payment gateway come in as "uncategorized". And Square does not allow you to edit the category of an already purchased item. So this needs to be done on the Jotform side.
ORIf Jotform allows you to choose items that you already have created in your Square account... that would also work.
- CharlieAnswered on May 12, 2017 at 02:55 AM