- gappsmastersAsked on May 16, 2012 at 10:21 PM
Setup the FB integration, and JF will create the invoice, mark it as "SENT" - but no email is being sent to customer.
Not working 100% = bummed.
This is a re-post of a comment on Create Invoices from Forms Using Freshbooks Integration
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 16, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Actually , I have done a test and couldn't replicate the escenariio.
I was able to get an email notificacion from freshbook into my yahoo email that also contains the link to view the invoice
I also was able to recieve the notification from my form submission.
Please make sure that on the sender field for the notification settings , the "noreply@jotform" email address is set , in order to prevent messages to go into the spam folder
If you have more questions, let us know
- gappsmastersAnswered on May 16, 2012 at 11:50 PM
I received the e-mail notification from JotForm, but the Invoice in FreshBooks says "SENT" but no e-mail was generated or sent. Could there be a setting that is not properly config'd in FB?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 16, 2012 at 11:51 PM
That is most likely the issue, please contact Freshbook support, because it seems out of our boundaries
- emrew86Answered on May 18, 2012 at 04:21 AM
Hi gappsmasters, can you try it again ? Emails for Invoices are sent anymore.
- gappsmastersAnswered on May 18, 2012 at 10:36 AMI spent some time on the line withFreshBooks support yesterday...They told me JF is sending the invoice create (marked as sent), but are not sending the 2nd API call to generate a send.email API call. We ran at race and that's what they determined.Is it possible? Is it possible only happening on our account? I would really like to get this running....
- gappsmastersAnswered on May 18, 2012 at 10:38 AMRan at race = ran an API trace. Also, here is their suggestion: I do have API logs for your account available now, and I can confirm that Jotform has not sent a single invoice.sendByEmail call. I do see an invoice.create call with the status set to "sent". As we discussed this doesn't actually send an email, Jotform would need to follow the .create call with .sendByEmail.Just so I am clear, I should not have to add any new notification or other settings to make this work? Just the "integrations" for Freshbooks?
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 20, 2012 at 05:16 PM
To my knowledge , your assumption is correct
However let me forward this to 2nd level so they can provide you with more details about how Fresbooks should work
- emrew86Answered on May 30, 2012 at 03:54 AM
Hi gappsmasters, I have tested it again and I can get email. Can you please try it again ? Emails are sent only when invoice option is selected.
- gappsmastersAnswered on May 30, 2012 at 08:25 PM
Seems to work now. Thanks!