- Conductor1Asked on December 06, 2016 at 12:55 PM
How do I remove the encrytption?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 01:58 PM
You can remove it in the Advanced Preferences settings. Here's how:
1. Open your form and click the Preferences button in the Form Builder.
2. Go to the Advanced tab and disable the Encrypt Form Data. Click the Save Changes when you're done.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.
- Conductor1Answered on December 06, 2016 at 03:45 PMThank you. I'm trying to see the forms already submitted, but is
encrytped. I have now clue where the code is to open it.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on December 06, 2016 at 06:30 PM
When the encryption was added to your form, a key file was created. A copy should have been downloaded to whatever device you were currently using. To remove the encryption for that submission, you would need to upload your key. This can be done while viewing your submissions:
Click on the I will provide the public key button
and then upload the public key that you already have.
As soon as you upload the key, it is added to your jotform account.
If you are not seeing the following screen, try browsing in private/incognito mode or clearing your browsers cache/cookie data. That should allow for uploading your key.