- nbaxleyAsked on December 07, 2016 at 03:51 PM
I have changed my field settings to limit the user to select one option with the settings of minimum options = 1 & maximum options =1, but it is still allowing the user to select 2 check-boxes?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on December 07, 2016 at 06:52 PM
Hello, since you never mentioned which form you're currently working on, along with what checkbox field you're referring to, I tried my luck on the last form you edited https://www.jotform.com/63367067592162 and noticed that you have indeed set some of your checkboxes to have a minimum limit of 1 and a maximum limit of 1.
It does work though when I tested, here's how it looked like when I try to select 2 or more options:
And here's how it looked like when I don't tick any at all:
Does it not work the same way on your end? In case we misunderstood your question, just get back to us with a bit more info (e.g. the Form URL/ID you're working on and which Checkbox Field we need to check) so we can better assist you.
- nbaxleyAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 10:12 AM
As I was re-directed to this original feed, let me try to explain this a third time. You are not understanding me:
In a Preferred Phone Type field there is an option to choose one of three boxes (Cell, Home, Work).
I have therefore adjusted the settings for this field to minimum and maximum number of selections to be 1.
It is still possible for someone to check more than one box and move on to the next field without receiving an error message. The only receive an error message when they try to go to the next page.
I want them to ONLY be able to click on ONE box. If they change their mind and choose a different box, then the first box should DE-SELECT and they should be able to check the next box, but either way only ONE box should be selected.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 10:54 AM
In this case, you will need to use a Radio Button field type instead of the Check Box.
The Radio Buttons are limited to one selection, and they change it right away upon a click.
- nbaxleyAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 11:44 AMI asked previously if I could switch a current field to a different type of field and no one answered me. Can I switch this to a different type of field, or do I have to start over with a new type of field.
Episcopal Diocese of Oklahoma
924 N. Robinson
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on December 12, 2016 at 11:51 AM
Unfortunately, there is no way to switch a field type. It means that you will need to add the Radio Button fields to your form and remove the Check Box fields.