- loicsebeAsked on December 14, 2016 at 03:27 PM
I would love if you could turn the current Zapier trigger into an "Instant" trigger rather than use polling. It would be much easier to integrate Jotform with workflows using Zapier.
A lot of your form competitors actually have an instant trigger.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 14, 2016 at 05:39 PM
Can you please provide us with more details about your requested feature. It will help us provide clear details to the development team what the requested feature was about.
Currently, the Zapier app integration is actually serve as an "instant" trigger already on form submissions. So I am not really sure yet how you meant about the zapier trigger.
Zapier App : https://apps.jotform.com/app/zapier_integration
We will wait for your updated response.
- loicsebeAnswered on December 14, 2016 at 05:51 PM
I have just double checked and Jotform trigger is not instant on Zapier. When a trigger is instant the app is marked as instant (w/ a grey background highlighted in yellow) righ before the Zap name.
You can see on the image below that the ZAP using Jotform as trigger does not show as "instant".
So currently all zaps triggerd by Jotform are only trigger every 5/10 minutes (depending on Zapier plan) rather than instantly.
I hope this clarify.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 14, 2016 at 07:06 PM
Thank you very much for providing such clear details about it Loic.
I see now how you meant. I have now forwarded this thread to the next level support so that they can review the requested feature.
We will notify you here for any news/updates about this feature once available.
- helpmanowAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 01:15 PM
Half a year has passed. Any updates on this?
- Loic SebeAnswered on July 06, 2017 at 01:26 PM
You can try to trigger your Zaps using the email or email parser zapier app. So you send the data from your form to one of those 2 zapier app using Jotform email notification which are instant. When this email arrives to the custom zapier inbox it will trigger your zap instantly. It is a bit more work but it is a decent work around.
- karthickcsAnswered on July 12, 2017 at 02:22 AM
Can you explain little briefly. I can't understood this. But i need it.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on July 12, 2017 at 04:52 AM
- loicsebeAnswered on July 12, 2017 at 12:47 PM
Basically Jotform on Zapier polls every 5 minutes. But the Zapier trigger apps (Zapier Email & Zapier Parser) trigger the zap instantly when an email is received.
Luckily Jotform is able to send an email instantly upon form submission.
So what you do is the following:
1. Create a zap with Zapier email or Zapier parser as the trigger app. I recommend Zapier parser as you can pass all the data you want.
2. On Jotform your form create a custom email sent to the special email you have created on step 1.
3. Get you zap triggered almost instantly upon submission. The chain of reaction is: Jotform send instantly an email with all the data to the Zapier email, when the email is received it trigger the zap, you use your form data collected using the Zapier parser or Zapier email for your actions.
- karthickcsAnswered on July 12, 2017 at 11:19 PM
@Jim_R and @Loic - Thanks for you brief explain. Now i understood clearly.