- email@example.comAsked on December 15, 2016 at 05:50 PM
I tried to use your designer again today and despite a call that I had with your product manager a few weeks ago, it seems that things are not going well - basically, right now, I cannot edit any of my existing forms (I did not attempt to create a new form but since that is not what I need to do now, it is less of an issue to me).
Here are some of the issues I have encountered:
1. None of the form fields can be selected. It seems that when you click on one of them, it does actually get selected and so you can click on the gear icon to see the settings, but you do not know what is selected until you go to the settings.
2. After you click on a field - since it is not selected, there is no way to drag and move it to a different position.
3. When you go to the settings of a text box and try to change the width - nothing happens. Only when you log out and log back in, you can see the changes made before.
4. When you click on adding a new question, nothing happens. Only after you log out and then log back in you can see that the question was added.
5. In the advanced field (for example, the advance range picker), not all of the field settings are under the gear icon - some of them were under a special settings section of the field - this option is now missing and so you cannot edit such a field.
Basically, I cannot work now with any of my forms.
I require an explanation and some sort of compensation for the hours of lost work that I have poured in to try and fight with your system.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on December 15, 2016 at 09:32 PM
Please accept our sincere apologies for the troubles and inconveniences. I can replicate the entire issues that you've mentioned in your form. There is an error in the console and I think that's causing the problem.
I will have to submit this thread to our developers for further investigation and solution. We'll let you know through this thread as soon as we have updates.
For the meantime, I've switched your form builder version to version 3 which is the stable one. This option can be found under My Account - Settings page:
- JotForm DeveloperiremAnswered on December 16, 2016 at 06:40 AM
We are sorry for the inconvenience we may caused!
We've fixed the problem which was related to our new form editor. Issues that you encountered was related to a little bug. Now, you'll be able to select & edit your fields to create your forms.
Please check your forms and let me know if any issue arises with the form editor again.
Thank you for contacting us.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgAnswered on December 19, 2016 at 02:46 PMHello,
I just tested again with form ID 63117189091962 in the V4 designer and I
was not able to select a field.
When you click on a field, it would be selected for a second but then the
selection would disappear - I think it was still selected after that
because the gear icon was still there.
However, it is not working properly!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on December 19, 2016 at 05:05 PM
Thank you so much for the update and we would like to apologize for any inconvenience this is causing you. I will notify our development team regarding the issues that you're still facing with Version 4. We will update you here again for any findings and/or if there's already a resolution.
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on December 20, 2016 at 11:20 PM
An update came from our development team saying that the issue is already fixed. Can you please verify after checking your form again on your end? If, in any case, you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again anytime.
- email@example.comAnswered on December 21, 2016 at 10:46 AMyes - now it seems to finally be working properly and I can select the
fields as needed.
*Eyal Nevo, InterFAX*
*firstname.lastname@example.org **Mobile: **+1 (832) 628 4287*