- BenJBNetworksIncAsked on May 22, 2012 at 01:15 PM
I have some fields that conditionally hide/show depending on other info in other fields. But when I test the email notification, I get all of the fields, even the ones that shouldn't have info in them. How do I get it to only show info for the conditional fields that are supposed to be shown?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportGoldoAnswered on May 22, 2012 at 01:58 PM
Go to 'Submissions' and click on that 'gear' image on the right side.
Simply tick 'Auto Hide Empty Fields'. That should automatically hide empty fields on the report.
- BenJBNetworksIncAnswered on May 22, 2012 at 02:49 PM
It DOES hide empty fields in the submission part of the form, but it still shows up in the email I get.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on May 22, 2012 at 07:56 PM
Unfortunately , Email template cannot be changed dynamically so far.
Let me forward this request to our dev team so they might implement this in the future. However I cannot provide you with a time frame as our development team keeps busy working based on priorities.
- filthyfarmgirlAnswered on May 24, 2012 at 03:33 AM
Yes! this is what I need too :)
- JotForm DevelopercerenAnswered on May 06, 2013 at 07:27 AM
We have a new feature in Jotform. This is the "Hide Empty Fields on Emails" from Advanced tab under Preferences. You can use this feature to omit empty fields in email notifications.