What is JotForm?
JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
At JotForm, we want to make sure that you’re getting the online form builder help that you need. Our friendly customer support team is available 24/7.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
Some of my conditional logic has suddenly stopped workingAsked by menstrom on December 20, 2016 at 02:59 PM
I have been successfully downloading applications for a few months now, and suddenly some of my conditional fields have stopped working. These fields are critical for my ability to load these applications into our computer system. I have attached some print screens that show how they are supposed to work (and have been working until now).
The fields on the application are hidden and should have a specific value if another field in the application is filled, but be blank if the other field is not filled. Then those values are included in the file that I download to load into our computer.
Prior to this week, those fields showed up properly when downloading the file. Suddenly this week, they are all empty, even if they should have a value.
It may take me some time to test this further, however, I have a hunch that what's causing those fields to be empty even when conditions are met is this option:
I see that the fields starting with 101, 102, 103, 104, and so on... are affected by the conditions that are shown in the image below even though the fields are already hidden by default through its properties.
I have tried to disable the conditions above and temporarily show the said fields to test if the conditions are working when the fields associated with them conditionally is filled. And the conditions seems to be working fine on my end.
I would suggest you remove the fields from those conditions in the image above so those fields will not be cleared if the conditions to hide it are met.
It appears your hunch was correct! I have removed the fields from those conditions, and now they are in the file again. Thank you for your help!
Thank you for the update. I'm glad that I was able to help you with your concern.
Should you have other questions or you need assistance with anything about your account/form, please feel free to contact us again anytime.