- mariakwAsked on December 27, 2016 at 03:57 AM
Network Segmentation, Application Segmentation, Anti-Virus
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on December 27, 2016 at 04:45 AM
I'm sorry but did you have some specific question about security?
We'll wait for your response.
- mariakwAnswered on December 27, 2016 at 06:57 AM
Hi, heres the specific questions if you can please help me & please see if it make sense..
1. Network Segmentation - Can you please explain whether the network is segmented or not.
2. Application Segmentation - is application segmentation in place, e.g., web tier, application tier, database tier?
3.Intrusion Detection - Are intrusion detection and/or intrusion systems deployed? what intrusion detector/preventer is being put in place?
4. Data Input Validation - is there a process to validate all the input to an application before using it?
thanks a lot!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on December 27, 2016 at 07:35 AM
Please note that we have cluster of servers and dedicated team monitor them round the clock. Our team employ all the best practices to ensure security of our network and applications.
Separating network for app and db and also separating the different tiers of application is a normal practise and we also follow the same. Though I am not sure about the type of intrusion detection system we use, but it is definitely there on our server.
I would suggest you to please explain your last question related to data input validation a bit more in detail.
We will wait for your response.
- mariakwAnswered on December 27, 2016 at 07:43 AM
hi thanks for your answer.
regarding the last question on data input validation, can you please explain whether the input (user input variables, read from file or read from a database) being validated for their intended data types.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on December 27, 2016 at 08:17 AM
We have a data validation on the interface.
If the user enters an invalid input to the fields, we do not allow to save it to the database. In other words, we allow users to enter invalid characters to the fields. However, we do not allow to save it. A warning message on the interface is shown to the user.
This validation is specific to the fields. For example, let me show you a date field validation as the following screenshot:
I hope this helps.