- robertbalfourAsked on May 25, 2012 at 05:08 AM
I am looking to see if I can build in the intelligence of allowing the user of a form to select a name from a pull down and then this selection will determine the recipient name for the email alert?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on May 25, 2012 at 07:09 AM
This can be done by attaching conditions to the notification. Here's how:
1. Load the form into the form builder and while on the Setup & Embed tab, click Conditions
2. When the Conditions modal window pops up, select Send an e-mail after submission and click Next
3. Setup a condition as shown in the first image below and click Save
4. Setup another condition like that in the second image and save that too.
5. After saving the conditions, you will see a summary (see third image). Close the wizard and save the form
Click to zoom to actual size:
If you click the Email Alerts button on the Setup & Embed tab, you'll notice that the notification now has a red "Conditional" label:
That label is meant to be a reminder that the notification will be sent only if the conditions attached to the notification are met. However, in the case of your form, the notification will always be sent because the pull down is a required field.
For further information on using the Conditions Wizard, please see Conditional Logic on Forms. If you would like additional assistance with this, do let us know.