- ProTelAsked on May 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM
I saw that JotForm has an application for iPhone but nothing optimized to take advantage of the iPad display. I work for Mid-Atlantic ProTel and we are an Authorized AT&T Dealer. We are using JotForm for our online employment applications and it is working great! I thought since all of the office staff members have an iPad it would be nice to be able to see the applications on the go because some of us travel to different store locations a lot. Something much like what the iPhone app offers would be fine but maybe have some more functionality (ie. Ability to open attached files like a resume). Has any thought gone into creating an application like that?
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on May 25, 2012 at 05:13 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
Yes, JotForm users are asking for iPad Application from time to time, and our Developers are aware about this.
I believe that JotForm iPad App is something that will be implemented in the future, but still our Developers are extremely busy, and we have no ETA on this.
I have escalated your inquiry to our Development Team. Once we get any more information we will let you know by updating this thread.
- cchlAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 02:14 PMThat answer, "we'll get to it," is not helpful. Lack of iPad functionality is holding back my company's productivity. Do you have a better answer to mike t's question yet?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 04:22 PM
Could you please shed some light as to how the lack of an iPad-optimized JotForm app is holding back your company's productivity? What exactly do you want to accomplish with JotForm using an iPad?
JotForm's iPhone app functions only as a viewer (and notifer) for form submissions. If that is the feature what you want with your iPad, you can also install the said iPhone app on your device.
Another solution I can think of is to install an RSS reader on your device (preferrably one that has a notification feature), create an RSS feed for your form, then add that feed's URL to the RSS reader you have just installed.
- cchlAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 05:43 PM
Sure: I want to be able to log into my JF account with my ipad, and make changes to forms and settings as I need to, and look at the submissions to my forms. Today I wanted to change the email routing of the responses because for some reason they are going to a defunct email account and neither I nor my coordinator know why this is so, since we set it up for a different routing mailbox. But I could not do that on my ipad, because there was no functionality, so in terms of productivity, I have requests for services that are going to a defunct email account, and I am losing the ability to respond to potential clients in a timely way, and I or my coordinator have to check the other mailbox manually to keep up.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 06:50 PM
I have added your explanation to the open ticket. In the meantime, as a workaround, we could make the changes for you , so if you don't mind , could you please let us know what is the Form ID and new email address you want to add in order to replace the old one?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 15, 2012 at 08:16 PM
I am not in the position to speak for JotForm's development team, but in my own opinion, creating an iPad application that is basically a copy of the actual JotForm web application (located at www.jotform.com) seem a little unnecessary or redundant.
Did you know that you can access the JotForm web app using the iPad's built-in Safari browser, or any standards-compliant browser for that matter?
That means you can perform all your JotForm-related tasks in your iPad device just as you would using a full-sized computer.
- cchlAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 11:26 AM
Thanks for your post. I was on safari when I tried editing my forms and that was where the problem occurred. If I am at my home PC and use explorer I can proceed as usual through the JF site. But on the iPad with safari, the functionality is severely limited. Is there something that has to be done in jotform settings to allow full access from iPad/safari?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on June 18, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Have you tried using JotForm under Opera Mobile for iPad? If not yet, please do, then let us know your observations.
I suggest that you open a new thread for these issues. Provide as much details as possible for it will help our developers identify the changes needed to apply to JotForm to make it as usable in mobile devices as it is with a computer.
- syncroAnswered on February 03, 2015 at 01:08 PMipads are being used more and more in the field by service technicians who are using your forms. These technicians need to have the ability to edit form submissions in the field on the ipad, Currently that is not possible for the scrolling of the form in edit mode does not work. ipad and tablets are a huge growing market and the ability to use jotform fully on a tablet is an essential market.
- raulAnswered on February 03, 2015 at 03:43 PM
I've moved your request to a separate thread so we can send it to our back end to count it as a vote for its implementation.
You can find your request here: http://www.jotform.com/answers/509170