- hriviereplattAsked on January 04, 2017 at 01:44 PM
I had a google integration set up that stopped working. I tried to remove and re-add the integration and that didn't work. I then tried to delete the original integrated spreadsheet and reintegrate to a new one and that did not work either. I think the problem may be that I moved the "Jotform" google folder to a different location? Can you help me reintegrate to a new spreadsheet?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 04, 2017 at 02:53 PM
The integration should now be working once again. If you have any further trouble integrating your form with Google Docs, let us know and we will be happy have another look.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 04, 2017 at 04:39 PM
If the spreadsheet is moved, the integrated link would no longer be the same. I would recommend not editing or moving the original sheet.
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 05:03 PM
Hi there. Looks like the integration broke again. Are you able to resolve this again? Not sure why this keeps happening. I am making changes to other sheets but not that one.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 05:41 PM
The Google Docs integration should now be working once again. If it is still not working on your end, let us know and we will be happy to have another look.
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 05:55 PM
I just tested it and it is not working. When I look at the integration, it says it is connected to:Integration Up & Running!
Your spreadsheet's link can be found here:
Ideally, I would love to reconnect to: https://docs.google.com/a/dpsk12.net/spreadsheets/d/1LihDgJVQfKMs9pz4GzmKo3j9uB6YdTmRqD0Ba9m9aIo/edit?usp=sharing
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 06:59 PM
I tried to update the integration to your previous sheet but was unable to do so. The access token was invalid. Adding the integration back once again will connect to a new sheet with all your previous form data.
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 10, 2017 at 07:41 PM
Can you fix the integration to go to a new sheet? It either fails or connects to an undefined URL if I do it.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on January 11, 2017 at 01:30 AM
We're sorry for the inconvenience you have.
I've checked your form and integrations. I've seen the problem.
I've forwarded this issue to our software development team in order to fix it.
You are going to be informed via this thread as soon as the issue will be fixed.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on January 11, 2017 at 07:36 AM
Issue is fixed now. Can you please integrate your form again?
Let us know if you need anything else,
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 11, 2017 at 11:03 AM
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 12:38 PM
One of the submissions did not integrate into the google spreadsheet. I tested the form and the integration did work for me. Do you have suggestions on how to add the missing row without risking breaking the integration? The submission that was missing has ID 360741606829212512.
- hriviereplattAnswered on January 20, 2017 at 01:46 PM
Nevermind. I manually entered that one row and the integration still seems to be working. Hopefully just a temporary glitch.