- markashtonAsked on January 05, 2017 at 11:50 AM
How does one access/view a private question that has been posted?
I'm awaiting an answer and I have no idea whether ...
1) it has been received
2) it has been answered
Also, I have no way of trying to bump it along because of no answer.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 05, 2017 at 01:20 PM
It's good to see you around. :)
When you post a private question in the forum, you can always find them in your questions list https://www.jotform.com/answers/asked.php.
When you receive replies over email, you can also open the thread in your browser.
1. Once you posted a thread, we always received them. They are added in the support inbox. Once the thread is assigned to any of the support, they are handled immediately.
2. Once a post is answered, you will receive notifications over email. You can also visit the thread URL and check if there are new replies but I don't think this is necessary since you get notifications anyway.
If your thread has not been answered, that means it has not been assigned yet. Our response time in the forum usually takes a minute unless we are loaded with too many threads. Rest assured, they are answered in a timely manner.
However, for issues that are raised to lvl2, we only rely on the assigned developer. As soon as the issue is fixed by the assigned dev, the thread will be updated right away.
Let me know if I have missed something.
- markashtonAnswered on January 06, 2017 at 08:05 AM
Thanks ... that's very helpful ... the questions list is what I needed