Aweber: UTF-8 characters are not being properly passed through

  • Profile Image
    Asked on January 07, 2017 at 02:05 PM

    To whom it may concern,

    I have established my form to collect data of my clients located in Israel.

    but from some reason their data is not passed properly to Aweber. when contacting them they have indicated that your services is not passing through UTF 8 characters. 

    I was hoping to see if you can help me solve this issue.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on January 07, 2017 at 07:43 PM

    I have checked what you've mentioned and I can see the issue, when sending the data from a JotForm the data in UTF-8 charset is not passed properly, but when entering the info directly in Aweber it works fine. 

    Here's a screenshot: 

    I will forward this thread to our second level so our developers will investigate and resolve the problem, we will let you know as soon as we receive updates regarding this. 


  • Profile Image
    Answered on December 12, 2017 at 06:44 AM

    Hi there,

    We are terribly sorry for the very late update, but we'd like to inform you that this bug has been fixed. 

    We have updated the integration to properly pass UTF-8 characters to Aweber.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you encounter another issue.