- ashtutorsAsked on January 12, 2017 at 05:09 PM
2. From a mobile device, the field 'address' - which is supposed to give suggestions in a drop down, only works from a desktop. It won't accept inputs and keeps coming up with an error, as though the field hasn't been completed. Therefore the form can't currently be sent via mobile.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on January 12, 2017 at 05:20 PM
What mobile device and browser are you using? I checked your form in Iphone, and the address field allowed the input:
Let us know if you need more help.
- ashtutorsAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 02:49 AM
I'm also using an iphone.
The field is supposed to offer drop-down suggestions fo addresses from google - but on mobile is isn't doing that.
You'll find that yes, it's accepting inputs, but when you 'submit' the form, it comes up with an error - therefore the form can't be used via mobile.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 06:03 AM
I have tested your form on iPhone 6. I have seen that your form works properly and I was able to submit the form as you can see the following screenshots below:
After submitting the form, it redicted me to http://www.ashtutors.co.uk/thankyou.html.
I did not see any issue and I was unable to reproduce the issue you had.
Moreover, I have seen that you did not add "mobile responsive widget" into your form. You can find it at the following link: https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/mobile_responsive
You can try it in order to make the form appear better on mobile devices.
- ashtutorsAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 06:20 AM
Hmm very odd!
I'm using an iphone 6S and have just tried it again - but I'm NOT getting the drop down of address suggestions.
I don't understand why my phone - which is right up to date with the latest IOS firmware, isn't showing it correctly when clearly that's 2 people where it's working.
Not sure where to go from here.
- JotForm SupportcandyAnswered on January 13, 2017 at 07:09 AM
I am able to replicate the issue on iPhone 6S as you can see the screenshot below:
I have seen that you have injected extra CSS codes into the widget as the following:
border:1px solid #CAA8DA !important;
width: 100% !important;
When I have removed those CSS codes from your widget, the widget has worked properly as you can see below:
If you add those codes into the widget, you will have that kind of problems in larger devices as they might need to arrange its width more than 100%.
So, removing those codes is the solution.
If you need further assistance, let us know.
- ashtutorsAnswered on January 14, 2017 at 05:43 AM
Thank you very much for your help and suggestions. I will look into it further.