- dlassonAsked on February 08, 2017 at 11:31 AM
I would like selections from a drop-down menu to populate two corresponding fields.
Please see "Insurance Premiums" section at the end of my form.
Under "Medical Insurance Election" select "EE Only." I would like that selection to populate the "Health Premium" field with that selection's Calculation Value ($125.74). And the same with the other selections.
Additionally, I would like "ER Cost of Healthcare" to be populated with an associated value (I didn't know where to record those values) based on what the user selects for "Medical Insurance Election". Let's just use"$300" if "EE Only" is selected, and "$500" if "EE + SP" is selected. So if the user selected "EE Only" for "Medical Insurance Election" then "$125.74" should appear in the "Health Premium" field, and "$300" should appear in the "ER Cost of Healthcare" field.
- AIDANAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Hi, thank you for contacting us.
Please feel free to clone it and examine the fields configuration and the conditions required to perform your request.
If you need further assistance please let us know. We will be happy to help. Thank you.
- dlassonAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 02:50 PM
Thanks so much. I am on the "free" plan and cannot create a new form to see the configuration. Is there another way to see it, or can you please give me the configuration?
- AIDANAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 04:00 PM
You're quite welcome.
In that case, I will try to detail to you what I did:
* I replaced your set of conditions with this set:
* I replaced your "Health Premium" and "ER Cost of Healthcare" fields with form calculation widgets, in case you would like to perform more calculations or just want to have the flexibility that form calculation widgets provide.
* I added the "Medical Insurance Election" field value to the "Health Premium" field.
* The conditions above take care of the second case, that we cannot cover with the calculation values as we are using them for the first case. You may add more conditions to cover the remaining dropdown options.
I can also perform the changes directly on your form if you would like that. All I would need is a reply with a permission from you to do so.
I hope this helps. Please let us know if you need anything.
- dlassonAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 04:25 PM
Thank you for offering to make the changes! I was able to do them. There is one small issue: the result that shows in "ER Cost of Healthcare" when "EE Only" is selected in "Medical Insurance Election" does not show with a dollar sign. Can you assist?
- AIDANAnswered on February 08, 2017 at 04:42 PM
I examined your form and noticed that this is most likely just a glitch, because when I cloned the form then removed the $ (the dollar sign) in the "EE Only" condition, then added it back again, it worked correctly.
Please try that and get back to us if the problem persists so we can assist you further. Thank you.
- dlassonAnswered on February 09, 2017 at 09:54 AM
OK, it is working now. Thanks so much!