- bwalliAsked on February 12, 2017 at 10:54 PM
For two of my forms (as many as I have checked) the forms worked really well until I encrypted them.
1. they randomly omit the beginning part of some responses (it seems to happen with multiple choice questions)
2. instead of omitting questions with blank answers, it listed them all at the bottom
- CharlieAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 03:49 AM
May we know if you have already checked this guide about Encrypted forms/submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them?
Please note that using the encrypted form feature will make some of the features unavailable to use. Please note that the "Hide Empty Fields" will not work on encrypted forms as the encrypted form uses it's own email layout and there's a link that needs to be clicked to view the submission data.
I am not sure about the issue on some text being omitted, were you disabling and enabling the encryption feature while submissions are getting through? Or are you using different keys? Please note that the encryption key will only work for those submissions that took place after you have enabled the encryption using a specific key. If you are changing keys on one form, then it is likely that other submissions will remain encrypted or unreadable. Please do check the guide I shared and let us know if you are still having problems.
- bwalliAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 10:45 AMThank you. I had already read the guide, and just reread it. None of the
issues you sugggested are relevant.
I can live without "hide empty fields", but losing data on submissions is a
deal-breaker. It seems to happen only with multiple choice answers. They
also sometimes lose their line breaks, so answers from different options
are run together on the same line.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM
Please allow me some time to investigate this problem and try to replicate it.
I will get back to you once I have more information.
- bwalliAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 12:45 PMThanks. Here's some more info. It doesn't seem to be random. It looks like
what is lost is from the second and sometimes the third selection in the
multiple choice list. To test it, I checked every choice in each list.
Attached are some screen shots of the form and the results with missing
Another request: in the long text response answers, it would be great if
the line breaks the client enters were preserved in their response. In the
screen shots of responses, where you see
11 12 13
What I entered was
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 01:39 PM
Thank you for additional information provided.
I'll try to recreate the error.
We didn't receive the screenshots (if you wanted to post). If the screenshot is relevant please share them. Here is how to do that:
1. Go to this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1064290
2. Click this icon:
We'll wait for your response.
- bwalliAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 07:58 PM
- bwalliAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 07:59 PM
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 14, 2017 at 01:01 AM
I think I see what's going on.
It looks like sometimes, there are words getting truncated and then it gets moved to a single line. On my screenshot, the word "Stay" was removed and the rest of the words were put into the same line as the prior selection.
Let me escalate this matter to the development team. We'll get back to you once we have updates.
- bwalliAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 03:21 PM
Here's another clue, and a work around for now. If I go into my forms, then into one form, then click on view submissions, the version that comes up looks great - no missing data, all the line breaks as they should be. But if I follow the link from the email notification, or if I go to my inbox from that form, it has problems (including a new problem -the phone number submitted looks great on the one that works, but says "undefined" on the one I get from the inbox). So whatever you do, don't change the one that's working (pictured below)!!
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on February 23, 2017 at 05:47 PM
Thank you for the update, I will add the info to the opened ticked and we will let you know as soon as we get news regarding this.
Regarding to the second issue, in order to assist you better I decided to separate the thread, you will find the new one here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1074794