- ValerieAsked on February 13, 2017 at 02:32 PM
What is required to allows end users to collaborate when filling out my forms?
Valerie MartinezPage URL:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 04:12 PM
The collaboration feature is available when editing the forms and not when filling out the form. Just click the "Collaboration" button and share the "Collaboration Link" to your user. The other user doesn't need to sign up. They will appear as a guest account.
If you have any questions, let us know. Thank you.
- ValerieAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 04:19 PM
Thank you for responding so quickly!
This answer now leads me to a follow-up question.
Our end users would like to share the link we provide and have multiple users complete that version. Our forms were created with save and continue feature, which creates the unique session ID. The information submitted can be lengthy and extensive--compiled by a number of individuals within each organization.
Are you able to provide examples of how our end users might use the same link on different computers without losing the information they enter?
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 13, 2017 at 07:09 PM
For as long as the session URL is correct, multiple users should be able to use the link. However, I don't think filling up the session link at the same time will work. The following are the key issues:
1. Changes made by the first person might get overridden by the second person in the form. Example, the first person skips a field, the second person fills it. The first person saves the form, which makes the data filled in by the second person to disappear in the form, vice versa.
2. If the users are asked to change the field entries, we have to consider the users who modify the same field; you won't know who's last on the field.
I would suggest working on form one at a time, so this way, no issues will happen in the form.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on March 29, 2017 at 03:12 PM
I have moved your question to a new thread so that we can address it separately. You will be answered in the following thread: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1105849