- k92s88dAsked on February 17, 2017 at 06:53 PM
I have noticed that all of my forms now display the following https error in the browser bar (see screenshot). I investigated and the issue is the background image is default set to http instead of https for the Jot Theme I am using. However, when I go into the form designer and switch it to https so I get the "secure" in the browser bar, the background doesn't render properly (screenshot 2).
This ticket system only allows one screenshot, so here's screenshot 2 link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9rs2biEkPmxLXk4b0VKME42NjA/view?usp=sharingPage URL:
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on February 18, 2017 at 05:41 AM
The form template you're using were on the earlier days before the implementation of the form designer. Here's a fix that you can do:
1) Go to the Advanced Form Designer. Under DESIGN, expand BACKGROUND IMAGE
2) Delete the page background image
3) Delete the form background image
4) Go to the CSS tab and paste this code:
background-repeat : repeat-x;
Once done, save our form settings and go back to the form builder
- k92s88dAnswered on February 18, 2017 at 08:44 PM
Thanks Liyam, that worked!