- clearview22Asked on March 07, 2017 at 02:17 AM
How do I add a negative calculation value (ex. -30)?
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Assign Calculation Value
- AIDANAnswered on March 07, 2017 at 05:28 AM
Hi, thank you for contacting us.
In order to add a negative value when calculating, simply add the "-" sign before the value from the calculation pad.
I hope this helps. If you need further assistance please let us know. Thank you.
- clearview22Answered on March 07, 2017 at 07:06 AM
Thanks for the response. Sorry how do I add a negative value (ex -30) inside of a dropdown edit properties>surveying>calculation values? I put the "-" before the number but it actually adds time (instead of subtracting) in the "total" calculation cell at the bottom of the form. Here is a screencast. https://www.screencast.com/t/JbrrNoOJP
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 07, 2017 at 10:38 AM
I am able to replicate the issue at my end with a new form. It seems that the values entered are being taken as positive values. However, the issue seems to be with the dropdown only and the negative values are working fine with a radio button or checkbox field. Let me forward the issue to our backend team to take a look. Once we have any information in this regard, you'll be posted here.
- clearview22Answered on March 07, 2017 at 01:58 PM
I need it to work with the dropdown. The radio button and checkbox field is not an option for me. Takes up too much space.
Yes, please try to get a fix for adding negative values in the dropdown calculations values.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on March 07, 2017 at 09:00 PM
Ok. I understand. I have forwarded the issue to our backend team. If there is any information in this regard, we'll update you here.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 02:01 PM
This issue is fixed now. Feel free to contact us if you ever need anything else,
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 02:15 PM
Im still having the issue on my end. Can you provide a demo of the new fix.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 02:18 PM
I forgot to clean your form caches as this was implied by our developers, sorry for that :)
I cleaned the form caches and it should be working now. Here is my demo form: https://www.jotform.com/70651460525957
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 02:24 PM
Ok thanks! Did you clean all of my forms cache or just the one in question?
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 02:26 PM
Our related admin tool is not working on specified forms, so yes, all of your forms should be free of this bug now.
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 02:33 PM
Ok yeah, the negative calculation is still not working. I have cleared cache and closed down and restarted my browser.
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 02:36 PM
Ok, I think it is working now. I had to remove the previous calculation. I will report back to double check.
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 02:40 PM
It's working! Thanks!
- cleaningbusinessacademyAnswered on March 13, 2017 at 02:46 PMHi Scott,
I'm still having the issue on my end. Can ok provide a demo of the updated
- clearview22Answered on March 13, 2017 at 03:04 PM
Please disregard last email generated message. It took several minutes to show here. The negative calculation is now working. Thanks!