- kycoeveAsked on March 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM
1) I lost the jotform key to read my form. where do I find it? It's somewhere in my google chrome as this where I created the form and this is the only computer I am able to view my form2) data for upload info does not seem to be big enough, is there a way to increase the size?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on March 14, 2017 at 12:27 PM
1) I lost the jotform key to read my form. where do I find it? It's somewhere in my google chrome as this where I created the form and this is the only computer I am able to view my form
That very moment you enabled Form Encryption, you were given an option to download the private key. So, it's stored on your PC's hard drive and not on your browser. The only time it will be stored on your browser's local storage is if and only if you re-upload it in an attempt to decrypt the encrypted submission.
Ensure you will be using the correct key for the encrypted form you're trying to decrypt. Keep in mind that if you lost your Private Key, sadly, there's nothing much we can do. This is something that we mentioned on our guide for Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them
(a snippet from that page)
What happens with submissions if we lose the private key?
If you have lost the private key, then there is not much that you can do - it means that your encrypted data is lost forever, there is no copy of the same on our servers and it is not possible to crack the one that you had.
The only recommendation is to turn off encryption right away on each form so that you can start receiving the submissions - which you will be able to see (as the encryption is turned off), while you can leave the encrypted submissions in your Submissions Panel in case you find the key at some later point in time.
To give you an idea how to decrypt your submission data, both from your Submissions page and from Email, refer to the following clips:
1. Via Submission page:
2. Via email notification:
If you need more info, just click the link I gave above.
2) data for upload info does not seem to be big enough, is there a way to increase the size?
This question has been moved to a separate thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/1091186
We'll have it addressed there shortly.