- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on March 14, 2017 at 06:10 PM
With Textboxes, zeroes will always be dropped.
19.90 > 19.9
39.00 > 39
and so on...
The Form Calculation Widget however does have an option to set the number of empty decimal places you wish to render on the widget. But it looks like this option is not working at the moment.
So, I've escalated this to our Devs and although I won't be able to give you any timeframe, rest assured, we'll keep you apprised on this same thread when there's an update.
- pdiehlAnswered on March 14, 2017 at 06:46 PMThank You.
- JotForm DeveloperScottAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 05:52 AM
Hey Patrick & Jim,
I tried to get the 2 decimals with a zero at the end and was successful.
For this, just like in the widget options you have to go to the options tab while you are setting up the Update/Calculate condition.
Here is my test form : https://www.jotform.com/70724955898980
And the screenshot of the results I am able to get:
If I am missing something let me know and I would gladly forward this to ticket to our developers :)
- pdiehlAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 12:46 PMThanks Scott & Jim for all your help and quick responses.
I am very close to making my form work properly with the various suggestions you’ve provided.
Something kind of weird is happening though.
1. When Jim helped me with the calculated conditions https://www.jotform.com/70717324319960 , my calculations are working properly - but when I tap my mouse anywhere within the “Add Form Element” area, my calculation total changes? Weird, right?
2. The same thing is happening now with the decimal issue. I have been successful in getting one of my choices to have the proper number of decimal places, but not the other yet. Additionally, even when I have clicked or choose the option where the decimal placement is working… once I click my mouse anywhere within the “Add Form Element” field…. my properly placed decimal field reverts back to a single decimal verses the dual decimal. Again, weird.
Here is my url for my form.
The area that we are discussing is at the top of the 3rd page.
“Confirm your Protection Choice”
Again, thanks for your efforts.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 03:21 PM
If I can understand you correctly, you've some calculations on your form, they need to be set up to show empty decimal places. But calculations as well as show empty decimal places do not work as soon as you click on the "Add Form Element" button, it may be also when you add some fields, please let me know if I did not understand correctly.
Now, I've cloned your form and checked it on my end, I can see the calculations currently're not showing the empty decimal places, but it calculates properly.
However, on the conditions settings I have set them to show empty decimal places, it worked after that, then I tried to open the add form element section and added some fields, the empty decimal places worked fine as well as the calculation.
Also, I have noticed there're some calculation values where you've added a dollar sign, I would suggest you to remove it to avoid problems with your calculations:
There're also some conditions with "Please select" on the conditions statements.
I would also suggest you to fix that in order to get your conditions working properly.
Here's also my form where I've added some fields and the calculations are still working and empty fields are still showing too.
Should the problem still continue on your end, please provide us more details about how to replicate it on our end, if you could provide us some screenshots about it, would be fine, this guide will help you to upload the images: How-to-add-screenshots-images-to-questions-in-support-forum
- pdiehlAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 04:46 PMHi Kevin,
You guys are truly the best. Thanks again for your support & Help.
I made this short video to help illustrate my issues.
Let me know if it helps.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 05:54 PM
You're welcome Patrick, thanks for your kind words.
Unfortunately, your video did not reach this thread, and our forum does not accept vides as attachments, please upload it to a cloud service and provide us the link here so we can view it and better understand the issues you're facing.
We'll wait for your response.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 10:56 PM
In order to assist you better, I've moved your question to a different thread, this will help us to avoid confusion since it seems like a different issue than the one discussed on this thread.
We will assist you as soon as possible on this link: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1092979
- pdiehlAnswered on March 15, 2017 at 11:46 PMThanks Kevin.
Have a good evening.