- zaccoppAsked on July 01, 2012 at 08:55 AM
Is it possible to force a check in one or more checkboxes in the PayPal payment area depending on earlier answers in the form?
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 01, 2012 at 10:18 AM
That would require embedding a copy of the form's full source into a page and adding a script to perform the task. If you provide the form's title (so that we can search for it in your account) and explain exactly which boxes in the PayPal field should be checked under which conditions, we should be able to provide a solution.
- zaccoppAnswered on July 01, 2012 at 10:27 AMThe form's title is "Corporate Formation". When the question "Do you want us to obtain an EIN" is answered "yes ($75" I wanted the PayPal checkbox Obtain EIN" to be checked.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 01, 2012 at 12:58 PM
Okay, thanks for the info. I've cloned the form and I'm working on a solution. Ideally, the form should have the following functionality:
1. When "Yes ($75)" is manually selected in the "Do you want us to obtain an EIN?" field, the "Obtain EIN" box should be automatically checked and when "No, I will obtain myself (free)" is manually selected, the "Obtain EIN" box should be automatically un-checked
2. When the "Obtain EIN" is manually checked, "Yes ($75)" should be automatically selected and when the check mark is manually removed, "No, I will obtain myself (free)" should be automatically selected
3. $75 should be added to (or subtracted from, as the case may be) whatever total happens to be at the bottom of the PayPal field, not only when the "Obtain EIN" box is manually checked and un-checked (as is currently the case) but also when it is automatically checked and automatically unchecked
So far, I've been able to implement #1. Hopefully, I'll be able to implement 2 and 3 later.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 01, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Just to update you on things, I've just figured out #2 as well.
The last hurdle (getting the shown total to update according to what is manually selected in the "Do you want us to obtain an EIN field") shouldn't be too difficult (knock wood!).
It should be noted that whether the total on the form updates or not, the total shown on the PayPal order confirmation page would be correct. However, to avoid any confusion on the user's part, it would be better to have the totals match.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 02:01 PM
Incidentally, to see the functionality to which I'm referring, do the following:
1. Load the form into the form builder and click Embed Form
2. When the wizard loads, click Source
3. When the next panel of the wizard slides into view, copy the code provided
4. Paste the code into the body of a web page of your choosing
6. Copy this code and paste it into the same web page, just before the closing body tag
7. Save the changes
You'll notice that the total updates when the Obtain EIN checkbox is clicked but not when it's auto-checked or unchecked according to what is selected in the Do you want us to obtain an EIN? field. That's the last hurdle to overcome. Hopefully, my colleagues can find a way over it because I haven't been able to as yet.
If you need clarification on anything, please let us know.
- zaccoppAnswered on July 02, 2012 at 02:31 PMYou're a genius! Thanks!