- MaventAsked on January 06, 2011 at 11:15 AM
reCaptcha not showing up in Firefox and Safari, but it's completely invisible in Internet Explorer. I know, we all hate IE, but it's still a major player in the Browser market. :D
Here's the form: http://www.jotform.com/form/10025707291
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 06, 2011 at 11:45 AM
You should probably switch it back to the default captcha for now. We will look into it.
- joelosborneAnswered on October 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Hi, I'm wondering if this problem has been fixed yet?
I just tested today (October 2011) and my IE still doesn't display the reCaptcha code.
IE version 9.01
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 24, 2011 at 12:16 AM
I have tested my form with recaptcha tool on IE9 and it works great! I don't see any problems, please check my Screenshot. (I just updated my IE9 today, maybe because I have the latest version. If you don't mind can you try to update your IE? I don't know if this is the right solution but lets hope this will help.)
Also, did you embed your form in your website? If you did, please provide us the URL so we can assist you more. We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- joelosborneAnswered on October 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Well, it looks like it's a problem with my site. Because if I go to the jotfom URL, I can see the reCaptcha code; http://form.jotform.com/form/12954140270
But on the site it doesn't show for some reason, but the other captcha does. The site is an older install of WP if that matters.
I guess though I will just have to use the other captcha form.
- allanftdAnswered on October 24, 2011 at 02:17 AM
I assume you're using WP .org, so I believe you can use the Iframe embed code available in JotForm's embed form wizard. That should do the trick for you.
Please try and let us know if it works for you or not.
Thank you and have fun using JotForm!
- HylixAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 02:11 AM
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 04:27 AM
Can you provide us your website URL so we can further investigate this issue? We will wait for your response. Thank you!
- HylixAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:19 AM
I got a active form here:
And I made a temp test site here just to make sure there weren't any other script intefering with the script.
I also found something interesting checking the testing page with IE Tester:
Going directly to the form solves the problem though.
Anyway I wish you guys good luck looking into it! Really like what you guys are doing!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 09:13 AM
Thank you for reporting this problem.
I have submitted a ticket to the developers and let them have a look on this matter. Unfortunately we don't have a specific time table to when this issue will be fixed. We will hear from them once this is done.
Thank you for your patience and we apologize for your inconvenience.
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 26, 2011 at 05:08 PM
Unfortunately, conflicts between JotForm's own prototype-based scripts and external jQuery scripts cannot be avoided without using iFrame. I am sorry to say this but that's the only realistic solution to your problem.
- HylixAnswered on October 27, 2011 at 01:38 AM
Then I got another question, could you read my 2nd post in this topic?
There I clearly stated that the problem also occurs if I put the JS on a completely empty page.
So saying it has to do with the fact that I got jQuery installed is bull, It clearly happens without jQuery too.
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on October 27, 2011 at 02:12 AM
Can you post the URL of the empty page? Do you have the HTML "body" tags on it?
- HylixAnswered on October 27, 2011 at 02:19 AM
and as you can see in the source yes I have the html tags in it.
- emrew86Answered on October 27, 2011 at 08:34 AM
Hi Hylix, if you use iframe, you won't get proglem. Can you try it please ?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on October 27, 2011 at 08:37 AM
Please use this html code together with your form's embed codes in a blank webpage. Thanks!
- HylixAnswered on October 27, 2011 at 05:09 PM
Adding the doc type didn't solve the problem, for now I will use a iframe to get it done.