- NixorAsked on January 07, 2011 at 11:58 PM
We are trying to identify our applicants only through their unique form ID.
In the Excel report or any reports the Unique ID does not come. There is every option but that. How do i make it appear ?
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 10, 2011 at 08:37 AM
Unique ID is possible. Just enable the "Submission ID" field on the submissions.
- kiranshah3000Answered on February 12, 2011 at 03:23 AM
- serkanAnswered on March 12, 2011 at 07:18 AM
This problem has been fixed now. Thanks for reporting.
- kiranshah3000Answered on March 12, 2011 at 07:45 AM
Thanks for looking into this but there is still an issue as most ID numbers are greater then 15 digits which is the maximum Excel can show as "number". Is it possible for the reports to convert these to text of some sort so we can see the full number otherwise it just truncates after 15 digits which becomes unusable.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on March 13, 2011 at 01:02 AM
This is an MS Excel autoformatting feature. Not sure if there can be any preformatting where the excel will set the ID row as text prior to downloading to eliminate the conversion of the contents in ID.
What you can do for now as a work around with this is download your report as CSV, open it as a text file. Then open a blank Excel and format the row where the ID is going to be put at as "text". copy all inside your CSV text file and paste it to excel.
I will also submit a ticket for this.
Hope this helps
- serkanAnswered on April 14, 2011 at 07:48 AM
@kiranshah3000 Have you tried our new feature? http://www.jotform.com/help/79-Adding-a-Custom-Unique-ID-To-Your-Form
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 07, 2016 at 08:49 PM
We will answer your question here http://www.jotform.com/answers/739306