- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on April 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM
This should be achievable 😊 Here are all the things you need:
1. A Time Field added to your form, setup like this:
TIME FORMAT = 24 HOUR
DEFAULT = CURRENT
READ ONLY = ON
2. Have 2 separate Autoresponders - one for WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS and another for OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS.
Related guide: Creating-a-Form-Autoresponder
3. Then finally, the conditions needed. In my example, business hours is 8AM (8:00) to 5PM (17:00).
The logic is that:
IF Time is BEFORE 8:00 AND AFTER 17:00 THEN send the OUTSIDE BUSINESS HOURS email template
IF Time is AFTER 8:00 AND BEFORE 17:00 THEN send the WITHIN BUSINESS HOURS email template
Complete guide: How-to-Send-Email-Based-on-User-s-Answer
- WSIguyAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 03:53 AM
Thank you for that!
However, please note one error in that logic.
Since the 24 hour (720 minute) day spans 2 calendar dates, while, to us, 22:00 is after 17:00 and before 8:00 (tomorrow), within the 1 day, it is both after 8:00 AND after 17:00.
So the day needs to be broken into 3 time slots: before hours, business hours, and after hours.
The day starts at 0:00 and finishes at 24:00.
So the conditional for Business hours uses AND.
The conditional for outside hours uses ANY.
Also for anyone using this, note that the business hours should use:
Otherwise mails at exactly 8:00 and 17:00 fill fail.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 05:07 AM
Thank you for pointing it out. I did check you form and found that you have already added this condition and changed the time accordingly. Please check the screenshot below:
Do get back to us if the conditions works as expected or you need some other changes.
We will wait for your response.
- WSIguyAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 05:14 AM
Correct. I added the appropriate conditions to the form.
I have tested it on both sides of the threshold, and it seems to be working fine.
Thanks for the help.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 05:17 AM
I am glad to know that you form is working as expected.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.