- MLandscapingAsked on May 03, 2017 at 12:18 PMOnce I get it to add the numbers from multiple fields, is there a way to get the form to funnel those numbers into a range so the client doesn't see the exact number? Like if they choose a $10,000 patio, plus a $5000 fence, plus a $500 plant project, I want the form to show "Your project falls in the range of 10,000-20,000" instead of showing the $15,500.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on May 03, 2017 at 12:32 PM
Yes. It is possible to display the text on the form based on the total. You can calculate the total of all the required fields to a calculation field along with a text field to display the text.
You may setup a condition as shown below to display the text based on the total value as shown below:
Please give it a try and let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to assist.
- MLandscapingAnswered on May 03, 2017 at 03:00 PM
Fantastic! I'll try this out. Thank you!
- MLandscapingAnswered on May 18, 2017 at 12:01 PM
Awesome! That worked.
How do I ensure that all fields the customer selects/inputs are calculated? Do I have to manually input "this field plus this field plus this field" or is there an advanced calculation to add up the sum of all fields inputted?
- KadeJMAnswered on May 18, 2017 at 01:16 PM
Glad to know that Kiran's suggestion helped you out.
The above example is using conditions to display the text field as you asked but, if you want to allow multiple or if all you can just include those in the condition or calculation to combine them.
It mainly depends on how many you want to show at once. Individually might be easier if only a handful otherwise duplicate them and set multiple in the same if you want to show more than one.
Please see these guides below for more help: