- smhondlAsked on May 04, 2017 at 06:41 PM
Do analytics not work for tracking a form that is embeded on a website?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 09:45 PM
It should also work even for your forms embedded on websites.
Please refer to our user guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/425-Understanding-Form-Analytics-and-Ways-on-How-to-Get-Your-User-s-Info
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- smhondlAnswered on May 04, 2017 at 10:43 PMThanks. But I've been using a form for 2 months and the analytics shows zero views, no stats at all. Please advise.
Form is called NHED.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 01:17 AM
I checked your site http://www.nhed.edu/ and the form embedded on it. When I checked the Form Analytics, it counts my view.
Please note that your personal views will not count as views. If you are viewing your live form or it is embedded on a website and you are logged in to your JotForm account while viewing it, the view will not count against the Form Views. Please refer to this guide about Form Views: Form View Limits: What is it all about?
If you have other concerns, please let us know.
- smhondlAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 08:43 AMOk but we have had hundreds of views - see the submissions - so why is there no old data?
- smhondlAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 08:43 AMHere's a screenshot of what I'm seeing... no views until you started
testing (did you fix something?).
You can see there are no view bus 192 responses... how can I get a response
without it counting as a view?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 10:18 AM
Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused to you.
I have checked your form and noticed that you have only 2 views, but so far it shows that you have received 21 responses.
I will forward the issue to our second level so our developers can investigate it, we will let you know as soon as we receive any update about it.
- smhondlAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 10:43 AMWhere are you seeing 21? I show 192.
- SvenAnswered on May 05, 2017 at 12:19 PM
Please see screenshot below, your form is showing 21 responses:
As my colleague mentioned, this has been escalated to our developers, and it is marked as important. We will notify you with the updates via this form.
- Chief Technology OfficereeeAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 04:39 AM
- smhondlAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 07:43 AMBut I need to style the form - can I still do that?
- SvenAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 08:01 AM
You can style your form by adding custom CSS in our form builder, please follow the guide below for more information on how to inject custom CSS:
- smhondlAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 10:43 AMOK, then why do you even offer the ability to download the code and use
HTML like that?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 10:59 AM
The source code of your form allows you to make any change to the JotForm form, this may be why the Form Analytics tool may not be available while embedding your form using this method. Instead, I would recommend you to embed your form using one of the suggested embed methods and inject the CSS code to style your form as needed.
- smhondlAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 11:43 AMI'm told by my developer that that will NOT work for our particular website
design/platform. How can I get stats using the HTML form code? It's still
your form, so it should call back to that.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 12:10 PM
We could open a feature request for this if you want; however, we cannot provide an ETA about when the feature can be implemented or ensure it will be developed.
If you would like this to be escalated, please let us know in a new thread here, we will be glad to help you.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 01:07 PM
However, I'm moving your request to a different thread in order to assist you better, we will help you here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1138969