- smmsjw62Asked on July 21, 2012 at 06:51 PM
I have already enabled the "strict check" feature on my form, and it is not working. We are receiving multiple submissions from the same person who keeps sending us obscene messages. Is there no other way to block this?
Sisters of St. Joseph the Worker
- ItalyTechAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 07:04 PM
Hi Sister Cecilia,
I'm checking your account / form and I will know you when I finish.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 07:07 PM
In addition to what my colleague has mentioned, you could place a message on the page informing users that the IP address of every submission is recorded and warning them not to post obscene content.
- ItalyTechAnswered on July 21, 2012 at 07:11 PM
Sister Cecilia, I can't find any obscene submission on your account.
Did you already deleted this submissions ?
Please don't delete it because we can't interfere without it.
By the way, I've also cloned your form (for security reasons) and added a "IP ADDRESS" field in your email notification summary that you receive.
If you receive other obscene submissions please DON'T DELETE THEM and report us the IP address that you find in your email notification.
Hope this helps.
- smmsjw62Answered on August 06, 2012 at 01:24 PM
I'm sorry - I've been out of town for the past week.
The affected form is the "Vocation Info Form 2010." One of the obscene submissions is still there. It is not the most obscene one that this person has submitted, but they have all come from this person. At one point we received two dozen in the same day, but I had deleted all but the one example. They all include sexual suggestions/descriptions and inappropriate, albeit disjointed, comments. The IP address as found on the form submissions page in JotForm is 126.96.36.199. The email address given is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so very much for your help.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 06, 2012 at 05:43 PM
Thank you for provided details.
We have blocked access from mentioned above IP address to all the JotForm based forms.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.
- smmsjw62Answered on August 10, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Thank you so much! That is such a relief.
You have the best web based forms website avaliable! Keep up the great work!
- smmsjw62Answered on August 10, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Sorry - can I go ahead and delete the clone forms now?
- gori-mathewAnswered on August 10, 2012 at 01:32 PM
Yes, please you can delete it.
Lets know if you encounter such forms again and we will act on them appropriately.
- smmsjw62Answered on August 11, 2012 at 05:56 PM
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on August 11, 2012 at 07:20 PM
You're quite welcome. We're happy to be of assistance, and thanks for the compliment :)