- adam16sterAsked on May 28, 2017 at 02:25 PM
How do I prepopulate an email input if it doesn't contain a name attribute? All I see available are id, placeholder, size and type. Please help.
This is a re-post of a comment on Prepopulating Fields to Your JotForm via URL Parameters
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on May 28, 2017 at 04:01 PM
Normally, all regular text fields have a unique name and can be seen in the Chrom Devtools or Firebug.
It is possible that you are referring to a widget field. Are you referring to this form (https://www.jotform.us/form/71448612484157)?
I cloned this form and I can see that the "Player Email" field is a widget. Please follow the guide below in order to get the Unique Name of this widget field:
1. In the Form Builder, select the widget and then click the "Properties" button.
2. Go to "Advanced" tab and click the "Field Details" button.
3. Please copy the "Unique Name". You can use this for prepopulating the fields.
Here's the result:
Hope that helps. Thank you.