- ronnsAsked on July 23, 2012 at 06:43 PM
I changed the color of a form template from black to blue, but when I view
the preview, the background is still mostly black. Here is a screenshot:
- pinoytechAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 06:58 PM
Is this the kind of form you want to achieved? If yes, let me know so I can fixed the background issue of your form or cloned it. Here's the guideline on how to clone form: http://www.jotform.com/help/28-How-to-Clone-a-Form-from-a-Web-Page
- ronnsAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 08:18 PM
Yes, thank you -- on the left is how I want the form, with a blue background. Is there a way I can do it myself?
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 08:43 PM
Inject the following codes to your form:
border-top: none !important;
background: #105F97 !important;
Follow this guide: How to Inject Custom CSS Codes
This should fix it. Let us know if you need anything else. Thanks!
- JotForm SupportidarktechAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 08:51 PM
You will also need this to fix the button text alignment:
padding: 3px 18px !important;
height: 35px !important;
- ronnsAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 08:55 PM
It worked! Thank you.
But why didn't it work correctly in the first place, without having to inject code?
I ask, because I once made a different form for someone else (on their account) and ran into the same problem then.
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 09:11 PM
I too was trying to figure out what was causing both the black background and the submit button's text offsetting from the center. There seems to be a lot of unnecessary injected code in that form but experimentation on a clone of the form revealed that removing the following rules fixed the issues:
border-top:3px solid #000;
background:#000 url(https://cms.jotform.com/uploads/image_upload/image_upload/global/6142_form_top.gif) repeat-x;
border:1px solid #70ad2e;
background:#5aae00 url(https://cms.jotform.com/uploads/image_upload/image_upload/global/6141_form_button.gif) repeat-x;
(The first rule causes the black background and the second, the button's text issue)
- JotForm SupportabajanAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 09:14 PM
By the way, here is the clone.
- ronnsAnswered on July 23, 2012 at 09:45 PM
Thank you idarktech and abajan! Great work.