- dynasty_fourAsked on July 25, 2012 at 03:34 PM
I work for a company where I have a lot of forms built for them and for their clients on my account. (Bad Idea I Know...). But I have LOTS of my own forms for personal stuff and freelance stuff on there too. Is there anyway to export certain forms to another account without screwing up the forms on the clients websites? So they still work correctly?
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 25, 2012 at 03:47 PM
Yes, you can copy a form from one user to another without affecting the forms, follow the steps stated below
1. Copy the URL of the form which will be copied
2. Log into your target account
3. Click on "New Form" button on My Forms page
4. Select the "Import Form" option
5. Select the "From a web page" option and enter the Form URL.
- dynasty_fourAnswered on July 25, 2012 at 04:29 PM
So when they import the forms the ywill then start recieving all of the form submissions as well? And I can then delete it from my account? There wont be any downtime will there?
- gori-mathewAnswered on July 25, 2012 at 04:37 PM
Yes that is true, but remember they need to change notification email if they intend to use the one different from what you were using.
To change notification email address for a form to ensure submissions alerts are delivered to their email address, see the steps below;
1. Open the form on the form editor
2. Click on "Setup & Share" tab on the top toolbar
3. Click on "Email Alerts"
4. Click on "Notifications"
5. Click "Reply-to and Recipient Settings"
6. Change the email address on the lower bottom corner.
I hope this information will be helpful to you.
I have been wanting to do this for a long time and was excited to do it. But I tried doing this and got a "No form found on the page" error message. Here's what I did:
1. Created a second Jot Form account
2. Logged into the original account, found the form, went to "embed" and copied the direct link URL
3. Logged out of that account.
4. Logged into new account.
5. Chose "Create Form" and "Import from web page"
6. Entered the URL I copied (http://www.jotform.com/?formID=13161844305)
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 11, 2013 at 07:05 AM
http://www.jotform.com/?formID=13161844305 this is the form URL when you are on edit mode. This can't be used for importing. The correct URL is http://www.jotform.com/form/13161844305
Try it, you should be able to clone it. Thanks!