- sungasAsked on June 05, 2017 at 12:16 PM
when I take a photo on a form, then click submit, it says the form can not be submitted because it is not completely filled out.. the photo is required, but there is a photo taken.. why is this happening? It is happening on most of my forms
- SvenAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 01:47 PM
I just tested your forms, and I was able to submit (you can see my test submission) without issues. It could be a local browser issue, can you please try with a different browser and see how you get on? If the issue still persists, please let us know so we can assist you further.
- sungasAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 04:50 PM
it does not work with an ipad or iphone AT ALL! you have multiple threads with the same issue.
its not a local browser.. i did it with multiple devices and it doesnt work!
- sungasAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 05:43 PMits not a local browser.. i did it with multiple devices and it doesnt work!David VogelSun Gas5550 Glades Road, Suite 520Boca Raton, FL 33431David@sgmpetroleum.com(c) - 561 901 6533
- sungasAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 05:43 PMit does not work with an ipad or iphone AT ALL! you have multiple threads with the same issue.David VogelSun Gas5550 Glades Road, Suite 520Boca Raton, FL 33431David@sgmpetroleum.com(c) - 561 901 6533
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 05, 2017 at 10:07 PM
The Take Photo widget is based on Adobe Flash technology, and iOS does not support it, that is the reason why it is not working on iPad or Iphone.
You may read about it on this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3881788?start=0&tstart=0
Also, in this blog: https://www.lifewire.com/does-ipad-support-adobe-flash-1994311
Open a new thread if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.
- David VogelAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 06:38 AM
It has worked for the last year or so. It all of a sudden stopped working yesterday.
- SvenAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 08:17 AM
I'm not sure how it has worked, but there hasn't been any update on our side to stop the widget from working. Can you please confirm what browser you were using it with?
- sungasAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 08:24 AM
We are using safari.. there have been other people besides me in threads where it is not working.
When the photo is taken on a required photo, it says it's not there.. how is this possible if it worked for the last few years
- SvenAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 09:40 AM
I have escalated this to our next level, they will review the issue and get back to you. You will be notified via this thread with any updates.
- sungasAnswered on June 06, 2017 at 11:20 AM
It's working on some forms and others not
- JotForm SupportwidgetsAnswered on June 30, 2017 at 04:39 AM
The widget uses webRTC technology to enable access on devices such as microphone and camera. There's a fallback to flash for non webrtc capable. Since iOS does nut fully support webRTC yet, it may falling back to the flash version but as iOS safari is concern they stopped supporting flash on their browser. It does work on the past few years but if you've been receiving iOS updates or browser updates. They completely remove flash. It may work on some other users (for iOS atleast) that still support the flash on their browser