- lopezeAsked on August 03, 2012 at 07:23 AM
red;"> followers on Twitter
I want to put in my form a not editable field that when the user writes his Twitter account (without the @) in another field, the number of followers of this account appear in the not editable field with this code. It's possible?
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 03, 2012 at 10:50 AM
To be honest, I am not quite familiar with Twitter's API so I don't think I can help you with this. Also, this is a little out of our scope as JotForm support staff.
Perhaps another JotForm user, or one of our able colleagues, might have something to contribute to this topic.
- lopezeAnswered on August 04, 2012 at 07:15 PM
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on August 05, 2012 at 07:15 PM
Hello lopeze. You can try copying this code I created: http://liyam.comuf.com/jotform/twitter2.txt2
Note: An IP can only make a request lower than 150 times per hour. Going beyond that will make twitter block you temporarily.
Also, the whole form is the part right within the <body> </body> tags. Simply delete those and replace it with your own form.
1. If your text input (for entering twitter username) does not have the ID input_1, then simply get the ID from your form, and then replace the all input_1 values in the script code with the new ID.
2. The counter appears at input_3 in my form. If it's different in your form, just replace input_3 with the new textbox ID in the script
If you need further clarification, please let us know.
- lopezeAnswered on August 06, 2012 at 06:15 AM
OK, I have done this, but I don't know how integrate this code in my form...
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 06, 2012 at 02:16 PM
First of all , and as adviced by Neil, you would need to download your form's source code , then apply the solution that Lyam has indicated.