- minnichnAsked on July 19, 2017 at 09:20 AM
Is there a way to keep users on the same page? Like create an anchor link and use that in the custom URL field?
This is a re-post of a comment on Redirecting Users to a Different Page
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on July 19, 2017 at 12:24 PM
There are 2 ways to achieve that if you want users to go back to the same page.
1. In your thank you page, you can add a link to your form. So when the user clicked it, they'll be redirected back to your form.
2. Or you can simply use your form URL as your thank you URL.
Is this what you mean with your question?
If not, let us know.
- minnichnAnswered on July 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM
Hi Elton, Thanks for the info. I am currently using method 2.
To clarify..what'd I'd prefer to do is keep the user on the form and clear it out upon submission rather than doing a hard refresh of the entire page.
Your demo from 2013 was the closest thing I could find. I would essentially like to do this, but without a popup. https://shots.jotform.com/elton/sample_modal_thankyou_page/modal_thank_you_page.html
(My initial thought: Using method 2, I was wondering if i link to a div on the form itself. So it wouldn't refresh the entire page and i could save on load time)
Let me know what you think...and thanks!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on July 19, 2017 at 02:51 PM
The demo needs you to embed your form using our source codes and modify a part of it and add a custom script to display a popup or maybe a custom message above the form telling users that the form has been submitted.
We can help you modify your form source codes. Let us know if you want to try it out.
Here are the modifications that my colleague has made:
Here's the added script at the bottom of the source codes:
- minnichnAnswered on July 19, 2017 at 06:48 PM
Brilliant! I tested it locally and your solution will work. I don't have hosting at the moment, but I 100% will keep this in mind if/when I do. Thanks.