- poppyseedmarketsAsked on January 20, 2011 at 11:25 PM
I just had 5 customers get very frustrated while filling out forms as they have ALL the fields complete and keeps saying coming up with an error "There are incomplete required fields. Please complete them"
Why is this happening and what can I do to fix this from happening again!
- poppyseedmarketsAnswered on January 21, 2011 at 04:07 AM
Make that 15 customers now...
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 21, 2011 at 11:08 AM
Can you post the URL of the page that has this problem? Do you have the same problem on the original form?
Can you try replacing the form code on your site with IFrame code?
Here is how you can get it. Open your form on the Form Builder:
1. Open "Setup & Share" tab on toolbar,
2. Click on "Embed Form"
3. Click on "iFrame".
- poppyseedmarketsAnswered on January 21, 2011 at 03:02 PM
The weird thing is that I have received some submissions and most the form didnt work. I emailed it in a newsletter for 500+ customers, so you can imagine how many I have now that says the they are getting this ERROR. One lady told me she was using Safari.
I dont want to send a massive email if the iFrame code doesnt work...Can you fix the problem and will I always have this problem?
I need this fixed up asap, please...
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 24, 2011 at 08:00 AM
Tested the form on Safari and it worked fine for me. Of course, I had to complete all questions.
I think you should make all questions non-required for now, so that you do not miss any submissions because of this problem.
- poppyseedmarketsAnswered on January 30, 2011 at 10:57 PM
Thanks, I had to untick a lot of it to get the forms through. Unfortunately the reason why I tick them is so they have 'have to' answer the questions. Now I am doing double the work as I have to physically ask them the questions via email...
- JotForm FounderaytekinAnswered on January 31, 2011 at 07:38 AM
It probably happened because of a conflict with something in your page. I don't know. If that was the problem, Iframe version does not have that problem. Because it is completely separate from your site. That's why I suggested it.
Your response was that "What if IFrame would have the same problem?" It wouldn't have the same problem but since you cannot take that risk, I suggested the least riskiest solution. To get rid of requiredness.
- נתנאלAnswered on April 12, 2011 at 11:39 PM