- ConciliumGroupAsked on August 15, 2012 at 08:51 PM
I notice that if I answer multiple answers in a single question for a matrix set there is no way to setup an alert notifying me of this mistake. How do I prevent a respondent from inadvertently answering a question multiple times? Right now Jotform will collect and display all answers given even if only one option should be selected and not multiple.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 10:24 PM
You can modify your matrix in several ways. You can add or delete colums. You can also choose input types.
Please choose the radio button input type instead of the Text Box one. This way I think you will be able to accomplish what you are looking for
- ConciliumGroupAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Not sure if my question was clearly understood. I am using CHeck Box as an answer option (this would be the same for radio button), and I am looking for a way to limit the number of choices for each question/statement. In other words, I dont want a respondent to select more than one answer option for each question. At the moment JotForm allows multiple answer options which could be a problem when analysing the results.
Hope this is clearer
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 11:15 PM
I think I still don't get it, I though you wanted something like this the user will be able to select only one option for each Item
- JotForm SupportNeilVicenteAnswered on August 15, 2012 at 11:18 PM
To disallow selection of multiple answers, you will have to use radio buttons instead of checkbox for your matrix table.
While editing the form, select the matrix table then click the Input Type button to change from checkbox to radio button.
- ConciliumGroupAnswered on August 16, 2012 at 04:21 AM
Okay I have changed from Tickbox to radio button and that has solved the problem.
Sorry for any confusion
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 16, 2012 at 01:45 PM