- metroflexgymmurrietaAsked on July 31, 2017 at 02:20 AM
I am trying to setup a gym membership form that will allow a future member to put down $300 as an initial payment, and then after one year be billed $25 dollars monthly.
explained: $300 down for a full one year membership, after the 12 months have passed be billed 25monthly.
I set it up the trial period to be one year long, an initial first payment of $300, and then a monthly subscription period of $25 monthly.
The issue is that my clients are being billed $25 monthly even after they payed $300 for the initial payment for the year.
I am using authorize.net
- CharlieAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 05:48 AM
It seems like the "Set Custom Payment Cost" option is disabling itself for some reason, although it still shows up correctly in the form's preview.
I cloned your form and was still able to see the problem, it charges me $25 initially. The "Trial Period" does show the amount and number of occurrences.
Let me forward this to our developers to have it checked and fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on July 31, 2017 at 10:35 PM
thank you, when should i expect a message from the developers ?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 01, 2017 at 03:27 AM
We cannot give you an ETA for when this issue will be fixed. As far as I can see, a bug ticket is already assigned to one of our developers and marked as Important. Rest assured you will be informed in this thread once there are any updates.
Thank you for your patience.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on August 14, 2017 at 01:43 AMSo what is going on, I feel like my issue isn't being attended. I'm
subscribing many members and I need this issue to be fixed.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 14, 2017 at 02:40 AM
I'm sorry for the trouble caused to you.
Let me send a note to the assigned developer. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from him.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on August 18, 2017 at 05:44 PMIt has been five days and still no update I'm am very close to my opening
date. I NEED this issue RESOLVED.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 18, 2017 at 07:10 PM
Apologies for the inconveniences this may have caused to you.
Unfortunately, we have not received any update so far about the progress on this ticket, I can see it's still opened and assigned to one of our developers, it's been marked as important too.
I will ask for updates to our second level, we will let you know as soon as we get any update.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on August 24, 2017 at 10:43 AMits almost been a month that has passed with no update! I need this fixed
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on August 24, 2017 at 10:54 AM
As per checking the ticket, the ticket is still in progress. Our development team is still working on the issue. The developer assigned to this ticket is currently offline. I already left a message to him regarding this issue. Will update you once we hear from them. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on August 25, 2017 at 02:17 AM
I have tested your issue and try to replicate it on my side.
It is seen that there is a misunderstanding.
If you go into the subscription from Authorize.Net Dashboard, and view "Completed Payments," you will see the trial payment. You can also find it in the account by clicking Transaction Search >> Unsettled Transactions on the left hand menu. Please look at the following images.
Please check your dashboard again. If you see another issue, please let us know.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on August 29, 2017 at 09:44 AMThis has to be a joke. NEVER did i say the Trial payment didn't go through!
the trail period does not work! If my member signs up for a 6 month
contract on 6/29/2017 he should be billed a total of 180 up front and not
start getting paid the re-occuring payments of $30 dollars until 2/29/18
please don't waste my time!
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on August 29, 2017 at 09:44 AMthe start date need to be extended accordingly to the trial period that
their form gives them!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 29, 2017 at 10:47 AM
Your message has reached our backend team. I am also sending a note to the assigned developer. We will get back to you as soon as we have any update from our backend team.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on September 05, 2017 at 03:43 AMWhat the hell is going on! Please don't make me take extreme measures I
have members outraged that there signing up for a year and still getting
billed! This is outrageous! If this isn't fixed I will take action.
- metroflexgymmurrietaAnswered on September 05, 2017 at 03:43 AMDo not reply telling me that's it's being sent to a team! FIX THE DAMN
- JotForm DeveloperomurAnswered on September 05, 2017 at 04:16 AM
My name is Ömür and I'm the head of Payments team at JotForm. We spoke to Authorize.net and the conclusion was that it is not possible to create a subscription with two different intervals.
In your case, you try to make your form charge $300 for the first year and $25 for each subsequent month after the initial year.
Unfortunately this is not possible with Authorize.net. The interval of the subscription has to match the interval of the trial.
The current JotForm interface allows to set two different intervals for Authorize.net and this is causing the confusion in this case. We're going to remove the second interval selector for Authorize.net and this will hopefully clear the confusion caused in your case.
We sincerely apologise for the confusion caused by our interface.
If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. My colleagues will gladly assist you.