- Pertho ChowdhuryAsked on August 10, 2017 at 02:03 AM
Please consider making the PDF download available for encrypted forms. Point is the data are encrypted on your servers and one has to use encryption and SSL connection to view the data, hence downloading the data in PDF format via SSL connection should be fine. Knowing that the PDF File is not encrypted becomes then our business decision to either accept that such PDF files on our own systems are not encrypted or we use encryption storage for storing the PDF on our systems. We mainly care that the submission and storage outside of our own systems is encrypted. Having the ability to get the data in PDF format is still important for most businesses.
This is a re-post of a comment on Introducing Encrypted Forms: The Ultimate in Online Form Security
- CharlieAnswered on August 10, 2017 at 03:41 AM
The Encrypted Form feature that we have was designed with security in mind to the point that data are most likely for viewing purposes. To learn more about encrypted form feature, please check this guide that we have: https://www.jotform.com/help/344-Encrypted-Forms-and-How-to-Use-Them. You can see there the frequently asked questions and the limitations of this feature.
If you are planning to make the data more manageable, like downloading it in a spreadsheet format, having custom email alerts to show the data, etc... Then I believe the encrypted form feature will not fit your needs. However, even if you do not enable the encrypted form feature, the form itself via SSL is still secured. Our servers are also secured. Below are some information shared to us by our founder:
- We have bug bounty programs where we pay outside parties for
reporting vulnerabilities in our system.
- Our servers are protected by private networks and constantly updated
- Our system administrators have a collective 40+ years of industry experience.
- Our development team is encouraged to follow best security practices.
- All data transfer are made of 256-bit SSL secure connection.
- Our servers are located on SSAE16 Audited facilities.
I hope that helps.