- sapecoAsked on August 15, 2017 at 07:30 AM
Adding a phone with input mask 05# ### #### is not validated ?
Phone is set as required but does not work. If user enters 1 digit it will validate as correct ?
User can enter 051 234 an incomplete phone number and submit the Form...
This is useless and is causing a lot of problems. I can't have incomplete contact details. Please advise ?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 09:50 AM
I am assuming you're referring to this form (http://www.jotform.me/form/72236103590449). If yes, please use a Short Text Entry field.
You can test my cloned form on this link: https://form.jotformpro.com/72263673405961
Here's a guide on how I configured the Short Text Entry field properties:
1. Add a Short Text Entry field to your form and open the Properties page.
2. Go to the Options tab and change the Validation drop down menu to Numeric.
3. Enable the Limit Entry to 12 characters.
3. Enable the Input Mask.
You can also copy my cloned form to check my changes I made. To do that, please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/42-How-to-Clone-an-Existing-Form-from-a-URL
I hope this helps. If you have questions, please let us know. Thank you.
- sapecoAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 10:11 AM
I know already about the short text field, but it behaves incorrectly on mobile and tablet devices.
Short text shows the wrong keyboard ... see below
I want to use short text but should give similar to phone number keyboard... see below desired result.
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on August 15, 2017 at 11:10 AM
Unfortunately, there is no validation and limit entry into the phone field.
Thank you for understanding. If you have questions, please contact us again.