- RGCAsked on August 21, 2012 at 01:16 PM
I was able to embed the form in a google site, while also connect the upload feature to Dropbox. I was able to integrate with Google Drive once, where a folder and spreadsheet were created during the integration process, but new data is not being pulled by the Google Doc.
I tried different folder sharing options, and tried integration several times, but it seems to be working more like an export than a real time update feature. I need to integrate again and again to show new results.
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 21, 2012 at 05:20 PM
Can you please provide us with the URL of the page where the form is embedded?
- RGCAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
- jeanettebmzAnswered on August 24, 2012 at 01:35 PM
it won't allow me to see it, can you please confirm to me if this is your form, so I can make some tests in my side?
- RGCAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 06:14 PM
Yes, that's my form.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 27, 2012 at 07:19 PM
I have Cloned your form, integrated it with Google Docs Spreadsheets, and then submit that cloned form 4 times. Submissions were forwarded to Google Spreadsheet one by one.
Please note that once you made any changes to the spreadsheet integration may be corrupted. If you do not change anything at all, we may try to investigate it further.
- RGCAnswered on August 28, 2012 at 05:47 PM
I neved edited the form. The moment I would simply open the form, it would stop the integration. If I reintegrate with Google Docs, it will work again and will track all new form submissions until I open the Google Doc Spreadsheet. At that moment, integration stops working. So, basically, what you guys are providing is an export to google docs, and not real time integration.
- RGCAnswered on August 28, 2012 at 05:48 PM
I would appreciate if you could further investigate.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 28, 2012 at 07:08 PM
It is supposed to be updated in a real time.
Do you change anything on that Google Spreadsheet when you open it?
- RGCAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 12:59 PM
No. I just opened it. Once you close it, it won't update with any more info coming from new submissions.
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 30, 2012 at 06:57 PM
Thank you for provided information.
The form I have cloned from your account is still working fine with Google Docs integration from my side.
Can you please do the same? Clone your form, integrate that cloned form with Google Docs, and check if the issue still persists.
- RGCAnswered on August 31, 2012 at 10:47 AM
I will try that. Could this be driven by my google site being https? Also, I noticed I didn't select SSL submissions, but I am at 7 out 10 and being prompted to upgrade my account. Could any of that be related to this issue? If not, how do I go about solving it?
- JotForm SupportEduardoMendezAnswered on August 31, 2012 at 02:28 PM
Hi RGC, please try to implement the solution given by my colleague and let us knowif that worked. If it doesnt, please do inform us and we will continue to troubleshoot with you. We are glad to assist you!
- JotForm SupportMike_TAnswered on August 31, 2012 at 04:04 PM
I would like to inform you that we use SSL connection for our Google Sites Gadget. Please take a look at this thread to find out how to use non-SSL connection for Google Sites.