- TantrumTheatreAsked on August 21, 2017 at 06:13 AM
So I have a PayPal control on my form - which works great 95% of the time. What I need to know is what happens when the customer does not complete the PayPal process?
I know this is held as an incomplete submission - but what message is sent to the customer to let them know it has NOT completed? is there a way to redirect the thank you page on an incomplete submission? or have some kind of auto generated notice rather than the tiny little incomplete submissions icon burried in the submissions list page inside the app - which is where I don't really want my system users to go!
A pre- and post PayPal submit button would be an awesome idea! I shouldn't need to prioritise form submission to collect enrolment data at the expense of optional payment collection
( I know I can use two forms and redirect the thank-you page, but that plan fails when I need to clone forms 12 times a year ( monthly updates) because I can't keep two forms linked when cloning.
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on August 21, 2017 at 09:09 AM
Unfortunately, there is no setting to control this after form submission. We only check if the payment is proceed or not. If not, it drops to the incomplete payment section. The only thing I can suggest you to prepare another form and check your incomplete payment records daily or in a timely manner as you decided and fill this form according to user detail.
Let me explain with an example:
1. Let assume the following user filled your payment form and his details as following. However, this user submission is marked as incomplete.
name: Test Test
2. Create the second form as with following fields only:
3. Set an autoresponder and write a content similar to the following for e-mail body section. do not forget to provide your payment form URL.
After that, you need to fill the second form with the incomplete payment details ( e-mail and name, I mean) and the autoresponder will arrive to the person who didn't finalise the payment.
I'm afraid this is the only way to notify these users. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us. We would be pleased to assist you for any issue you may have.