- laughlin86Asked on August 31, 2017 at 08:29 AM
I am trying to require a user to fill all fields in within the list widget BUT not require the list widget be completed. When I put an * next to the fields but say no to required for the widget it still requires my users to complete at least one line in the list.
I have removed the required * within the widget for now.Page URL:
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 10:47 AM
I am not sure if I have understood your requirement correctly.
Do you mean to say that you have added required field in configurable list widget but want to conditionally make it not required field? Unfortunately it is currently not possible to conditionally change a field of configurable list widget to required or not required.
If you mean to say that you want the field to be required only when user input in that row, that is also not possible. The best solution is that user should delete the row if no data needs to be input.
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you meant to ask something else.
- laughlin86Answered on August 31, 2017 at 04:43 PMWhen I have the widget in the form I have the widget set to not be required and I have fields within the widget as required (name, address etc). I have zero rows showing as the default - no data is entered into the widget at all and if I try to move forward, I am forced to add a line to the widget and to put data in the widget.
Sent from my iPhone
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 31, 2017 at 05:36 PM
I see what you mean:
The required field within the configurable list, should be required on if the row is shown. I have forwarded this to our back-end team. You will be updated via this thread when it gets fixed.
- laughlin86Answered on December 04, 2017 at 02:41 PM
Any idea on an update on this?
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on December 04, 2017 at 05:16 PM
The issue should be already fixed. It should not consider the Configurable List widget as required when there are no items with required fields.
Please re-check this from your side.